1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by kyredneck, Mar 1, 2019.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...the REAL green new deal:

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

"From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States." …"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    SHHHHHH! You can't tell people that! :Laugh

• Like Like x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, technical links they are!

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Biggrin “Well, if you don’t know me by now…” :Whistling

Yeah, that’s why I said, “for anyone interested.”:Wink I listed them to make it easier, because the link in the article is for a paid copy. :eek:

6. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not a surprise, as I learnt about 50 years ago that tomato growers in this country used to add CO2 to the atmosphere in their greenhouses. to make their toms grow quicker and bigger. It was said that plants are geared for a higher CO2 comtent in the atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shouldn't that mean the oxygen supply is also going up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sucking the oxygen from the air IS the goal of the left today!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should do shouldn't it? I am not a scientist or a mathematician, but I will give my view.

In the flood a vast amount of carbon was locked up with the amount of trees and other vegetation which was buried then. Much of this has been released over the centuries by burning coal,oii; gas and wood, and anything else that would burm. Together with that we have reduced the areas of woodland which reduced the amount of carbon being absorbed.

An added issue. I see, is modern farming which uses chemical fertilisers instead of re-using organic matter, adds to the the atmospheric CO2. There are not enough forest areas to reabsorb the CO2.

There was recently an internation strike of schoolchildren protesting about increase in C02. I would have asked any of those if I had met them "Are you taken to school in a car (the school run)? Do your parents take you on holiday by air to distant countries? Do you eat vegetables that are flown from around the world, Like Asparagus from Mexico and Peru, Watercress from Spain, Portugal and USA, Green Beans from Egypt, Kenya and other african countries. rather than seasonal local vegetables as we used to have when we were children.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kill the clover! Yea, kill it and eliminate honey bees so Karen & Ken can have the greenest grass on the block. Well I have back yard chickens and they love the clover and I like given honey bees a place to pollinate… good for my vegetable garden too.