1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Corinthians 14:33
    33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
    AS IN ALL THE CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS. Excludes you Dividers!

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What will keep your name in the book of life?
    ". . . And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. . . ." -- Revelation 20:15.

". . . He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. . . ." -- Revelation 21:7-8.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is your Holy Father? John 17:11; Matthew 23:9.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a saint? All genuine believers are.
    Who is your Holy Father? John 17:3; John 17:11; Matthew 23:9.

5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God the Father of Light's. It is clear who your father is.

Good and Perfect Gifts James 1:16-18
    …16Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. 18He chose to give us birth through the( word of truth), that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.…
    John 8:44
    44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    Hence why you would murder the Word like the woman who claimed the baby was hers. It wasn't hence given to the true mother.

6. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a TRUE BELIEVER AND KEEPER OF THE WORD.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glade to hear your "Holy Father" is not the Pope.

Hmm. . . I know God. John 17:3. Do you? I also know for sure where I am going when I die. 2 Corinthians 5:8. Do you?

Jesus spoke of those who came out of what they thought was purgatory. ". . . Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. . . ." -- Matthew 7:21-23.

8. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    THE WORD OF GOD! I love Him in whole and I would never teach one thing as least, that He speaks. All He speaks is LIFE, and that means doing all He says.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. But do you now possess eternal life? 1 John 5:1.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know God? Do you possess eternal life? John 17:3. Romans 8:9; 1 John 5:12.

#50 37818, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  11. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really? You seem to speak a lot of hay! I know depending upon your quality will determine what the Holy Fire of God will have on you. What you call purgatory, I call a Passing Through Fire. It is a Hebrew belief, that actually the Catholic Church adopted and called purgatory. It is revealed in ancient text that I am sure you reject being a sect of the Protestant denomination. It is taught by St. Paul . But since you reject very important principles of the teachings of Christ you probably missed it. However, now MAYBE YOU WILL learn.

Christ Our Foundation 1 Corinthians 3:10-15
    10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
    So this means do not dare try to usurp the foundation and put yourself as the foundation by teaching something as though you know better than Christ.

12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames.

This is how the Hebrews understand it. What you build upon the foundation is what you are. That foundation is Christ since He created all things and brought them into being, then He is the foundation (LIFE). What you do in life represents the qualities St. Paul describes. Paul uses tangible things to explain what actually happens when we physically die. If you build hay wood and straw, you will burn up passing through the testing fire. You then are discarded to hell, there is no saving anything from wood , hay and straw. Many who call themselves spiritual teachers build nothing but hay. Some build silver. When they pass through the fire the dross separates from them and they are saved (but only as one who is snatched from the fire) as Paul says and it is in regard to silver and gold. Gold the same thing except depending on quality, less dross.

What doe this mean? It means some souls are treated like silver and gold based on their teaching. They have brought souls to Christ but not in the purist understanding.NOW PRECIOUS GEMS. The best quality that can be found. Their doctrine has no dross they pass through God's Holy fire like passing through milk, NO DROSS. It is best for us to pray to never produce or cling to any false doctrine. That is the correct meaning of purging fire. I am building precious gems and I only collect precious gem doctrines, gold is good, but still a little dross, silver well , a lot of dross. Since I am in it for the finest, well ,only the best for me. I know the way to make precious gem doctrines is to NEVER STEP OFF THE FOUNDATION CHRIST. Where I am, brings intense fire and pressure ( they way gems are made)but I am not afraid of the refining fire, nor do I flee from the pressure, let satan bring it. I am at peace in Yeshua my redeemer. He will not lead me into temptation, but delivery me from evil. AMEN. For His is the power , and the kingdom and glory now and forever AMEN and AMEN!

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Overcoming the World 1John:1-11

1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of Him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, 4because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

5Who then overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ—not by water alone, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies to this, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify:a 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and these three are in agreement.

God's Testimony about His Son

9Even if we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him; whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony God has given about His Son.

11And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

That life, only comes by fully embracing the teachings of Christ. I can not embrace some and reject others that may not agree with a denominational doctrine. I embrace the whole of His teachings. If I hear a truth spoken by a catholic , orthodox or protestant I will embrace it. I will not show partiality . Truth is truth, and I love as Christ said to love.
    When I hear a bunch of hay I burn it down with the fire of the Holy Spirit. It is not by my power that I can do so but by my Father who speaks for me by giving me what I should say when asked about the faith that is in me. I am simply Christian, that is all and I love all believers and the truth they speak. I fellowship with all, to whatever extent that the truth resides in them. I try to uplift and admonish, esteem and edify without bias.

It is better to make peace with God while on earth and take care of any hay you may have spoken or embraced, because THE DAY come fast and then you leave the natural world enter the supernatural and believe me you do not want to be hay. Be careful how we build is Right! Thank you St. Paul for your service and hard work on behalf of all Christians.You have given your life for all in Christ. Love you brother!

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ! Corinthians 3:10-15, ". . . According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. . . ."

It is the works of the believer that is tried by fire. Not the person in the fire.

Now the saved Jesus will bring with Him for the millennium. (2 Corinthians 5:8; 1 Thessalonians 4:14; Revelation 20:4-6). Now regarding the Judgement (2 Corinthians 5:10-11; 1 Corinthians 3:10-15; Revelation 20:11-12). And regarding those Jesus judged in Matthew 7:21-23. They came form one of three places Revelation 20:13, Hades/Sheol, the Sea or Death. It is the lower place of Hades/Sheol which would be mistaken for purgatory Luke 16:19-31; Deuteronomy 32:22.

#53 37818, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The works that will be burned up are the wood, hay, and stubble. 1 Corinthians 3:15.

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "It is the works of the believer that is tried by fire. Not the person in the fire. "

You are your works. Wow! As I said a lot of hay. That will be all. Have at it, I guess a wait and see thing is in order for you.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem. It is my hope of no problem for you 1 John 5:1.

17. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's just be honest.

Transubstantiation is a Spirit-less understanding of the Word of God. To come up with that doctrine is to bypass a plain understanding of the text. I could see the hard hearted "disciples" talking about it...

"Hey Billy, what on Earth did Jesus mean about eating His flesh and drinking His Blood?"

"I don't know Johnny, maybe somehow the bread and wine will somehow turn into His flesh and blood when we eat it and drink it and that will give us eternal life."

"Billy, that sounds good! Let's teach that! I mean how else are we to eat Him if we are to take His words literally?"

"Johnny, good point. Clearly we want to follow every word so we can be counted as righteous. There is no other way to receive Him but by eating and drinking Him, duh!"

Here comes Jack

"Hey guys, I over heard your conversation. Jesus was talking about receiving Him by faith. Just like the Israelites in the wilderness received their manna by faith and physically lived, we receive Christ by faith and Spiritually live."

"Jack, that's dumb," said Johnny.

18. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I like the liturgical worship of the Catholic Church. I also like the non liturgical worship of that local Baptist Church. Of course I don't accept the unscriptural Catholic doctrines. I only accept the scriptural Catholic doctrines. I accept all the doctrines of that local Baptist Church.

19. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My Baptism at that Baptist Church was done via immersion as a public profession of faith that I had given my life to Christ. I still consider my Baptism as a baby in the Catholic Church to be valid because it was done in the name of the Holy Trinity. I don't accept the Catholic doctrine of Transubstantiation. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion. I also accept the Baptist doctrine of Holy Communion.

20. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't consider the Catholic Church to be entirely false because there are scriptural doctrines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.