1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Change of man's MORAL nature in the Fall

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Biblicist, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Instead of being upset let's just be at peace with each other and move on
    MB

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again. Stop claiming victory there is no win in this arguement
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You cannot argue that "death" "in that day" was part of natural creation because Genesis 2:17 and Romans 5:12 clearly and explicitly repudiate that theory. So, you are forced to deal with at least the beginning of death with regard to Adam's person "in that day" that previously did not exist with regard to his person.

You can't say he physically died as Genesis 5 denies that.
    You can't say he was cast into Gehenna that day.

So death in some other sense began that day with regard to his person. Do you deny the existence of "spiritual death" in the sense of spiritual separation from God due to sin?? For example, how can one be "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18) being physically alive?

#163 The Biblicist, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I am not upset. I agreed with you, it is not my job to make you believe anything but only present evidence you can't refute. You have no response to the evidence I gave to you prior to your previous post to me. If you can offer evidence to deny my interpretation, then I am all ears, lay it on me:Smile

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You cannot argue that "death" "in that day" was part of natural creation because Genesis 2:17 and Romans 5:12 clearly and explicitly repudiate that theory. So, you are forced to deal with at least the beginning of death with regard to Adam's person "in that day" that previously did not exist with regard to his person.

You can't say he physically died as Genesis 5 denies that.
    You can't say he was cast into Gehenna that day.

So death in some other sense began that day with regard to his person. Do you deny the existence of "spiritual death" in the sense of spiritual separation from God due to sin??

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never argued that death was a part of Creation (although I will continue to argue the Fall was always a part of God's plan).

I do not deny that men are by nature born of the flesh and not the spirit (they are "spiritually dead"). I do not dent that Christ IS Life and thise in Him have spiritual life.

I do deny the "Christian" mythology you have created about a "spiritual life" not "in Christ" but original to Adam. I deny this fictional life was lost. I deny that "spiritual life" is temporary, even. I deny that Adam was in fact separated from God (God was there even outside the Garden) except in terms of a righteous standing and need for reconciliation.

So yes, I deny the narrative you develop over and around Scripture. I believe it unbiblical myth, but am thankful the Light of the gospel still shines through such "worldly wisdom".

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Bully for you! :Thumbsup

Lets see if I can come from another angle so that it makes sense to you. Do you beleive fallen angels are spiritually dead? If you do, and since they have no physical anatomy would would describe death as simply spiritual separation from God due to sin? Angels are also called "sons of God" because they were spirit begotten by God.

#167 The Biblicist, Jan 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Let me take another parallel path to see if I can bring you us together. Do you beleive the pre-creation God has a physical body with literal lungs that breathe in and air literal oxogen? If you do, the Mormons are rooting for you.

I don't, and yet "God breathed" (lit. inspirited) into Adam the "breath" (lit. "spirits" plural). Since this was not oxygen coming from God's lungs, I suggest it is directly imparting from His own spiritual substance wherein life in its fullest sense exists. Thus, begetting a "son of God" in his "own image" and "like us." I did not say God's non-communicable attributes were imparted to Adam, but I do believe his communicable attributes, which have their source and sustaining power in union with God's spirit were communicated directly to Adam. Hence, the life given to Adam was spiritual life as God has no other kind of life found in himself for him to convey and it is that life united with the physical matter produced biological life and thus "lives" plural) or to say it another way Adam became a partaker of the life of God and was called the "son of God" with mutable life sustained by union with God which was conditioned upon obedience.

In the Geneology of Christ given by Luke, Adam is called "the son of God" - "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God." - Lk. 2:38 He is spirit begotton by God as God cannot beget material bodies.

He could not be a "son of God" due to material relationship unless you are a Mormon. The relationship had to be spiritual. Adam was created in spiritual union with God, whereas, Abel was procreated in physical union with Adam receiving a spirit separated from God due to Adam's sin. Adam's spirit was separated from God due to sin and being "alienated from the life of God" he died spiritually.

Remember, God did not breath life into fish, birds and mammals and bugs but just commanded the water and earth to bring them forth. So, what God imparted to man was not mere oxygen but as the words mean "inspirited" and "spirits". He was spirit begotten by God.

#168 The Biblicist, Jan 24, 2019
  9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a reason we need, the Spirit of Truth?

Another question relative to the post of yours before this post.

Is the Spirit of Truth, the adoption to wit or is the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Adoption?

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Romans 8:24,25

One of your quote passages: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

No miscarriages.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which no one in Genesis 3 is described as having seen.

Definition:
    Theophany: a visible manifestation to humankind of God.

Does the Bible say that Adam saw God? No.
    Does the Bible say that Eve saw God? No.

So if God wasn't seen by humans, how is it a theophany?

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You argument is based on silence when all the evidence "walking" and talking audibly would indicate other wise.

However, if we go with your assumption then what does that prove or disprove? It does not disprove what they heard was audible to their external ears. It does not disprove there was actual conversation, confrontation, and judgement as well as redemptive provisions made.

However, if there was no visible manifestation then tell me why were the hiding in the trees from an invisible presence????

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The clear teaching of scripture is that something happened to the nature of Adam and eve in the garden after the fall, as they no longer were in spiritual union with God and needed now a messiah to restore them back in a spiritual state with god again due to being sinners now!

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

If no visible presence then why hide in the trees from an invisible presence? There are too many stated details (walking, talking, hiding) to assume it was not a visible presence. Your argument is based on silence .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! MY argument is based on silence? My argument is based on the fact that the Bible says God SPOKE ALOUD!

No one is described as having seen God in Genesis 3. No one.

This is you speculating again.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God walked with them and talked with them in the garden....

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of his main points are clearly described in the bible though....

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mankind was corrupted by the fall, born in a state of being sinners in nature, estranged from God, we are not born morally and spiritual neutral!

18. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's actually phony balony Sunday school myth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam was in a spiritual state/condition with God in the Covenant of Works, as when he did no sinning, so he had no need for a mediator nor a messiah , but once he fell, changed spiritual state, no longer connected to God, did not the mediator and messiah for his new state!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He would physical die, but his spiritual death hit right away, as God had to provide for Him a messiah/Mediator than, as not required to have one before the fall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.