1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Charismatic Errors Listed

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awaken

awaken Active Member

It takes faith for the sick person to go to the elders!

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have no idea??
    I will put it very bluntly so you will understand.

You said that there plenty of leper colonies in Jesus' day. Why didn't Jesus and the apostles go and empty them out?

You are misinformed, ignorant, and lied by not looking up information first.
    Stop with your foolish ignorance.

I quoted for you a source that says that leper colonies did not even come into existence until the middle ages thus could hardly have been in existence in the time of Christ.

My stand is factual. Biblical. Historical. You allow your emotions to dictate what you believe. Put down anything in writing without checking your facts. There were no colonies for Jesus to empty out.

But there are plenty of hospitals for faith healers to empty out. But they can't do it because there is no such thing as a gift of healing for today.
    Understood!!!!

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

No! WHat you do not understand is that Jesus did not heal everyone! That is a fact!

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus healed all that came to him. And that is a fact. I have backed that up with Scripture. You only give your opinion. I listen to the Scripture, not you.

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

NOw, you are just repeating what I have already said! Go back and read the post! I have said all along that Jesus did not heal all... JUST THE ONES THAT CAME TO HIM. So even when we agree..you are so bent on proving everything I say is wrong...you look right over this fact! We have agreed on this several post back!

So what is your point! Jesus will is to heal all that come to him! Yes! and that is still his will!

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, you simply contradict yourself to the point of lying.

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

Go back and read! I did not contradict we were saying the same thing!

Now you are calling me a liar? I guess the rules do not apply to moderaters!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, even when historical errors in your postings are pointed out, errors that expose your wrong theology, you will not admit you are wrong. You will not admit that you were wrong historically or theologically or that you changed your position half way through the thread like a hypocrite--saying one thing and then saying another because you were cornered.

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

Show me where I changed my mind! I have been misunderstood and corrected that.. but my belief has not changed!

10. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Mark 6:5 And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them.

Well could he or couldn't he? Oops, poor little Mark messed up with his sloppy Greek. Guess that's why Matthew had to correct him in Matt 13:58? Nah, I'll stick with Mark's verbiage: God CAN'T save people who ain't got faith.

11. awaken

awaken Active Member

Ever wonder why it was just a few? There had to be more than a few in that town. Jesus did not heal all! Only the ones that came to him! I believe His will was to heal them all!
    I will agree that if people do not act on their faith...salvation or anything else that God says is ours through Christ will not manifest in our lives.

12. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

How much faith did Lazarus have to be raised from the dead? It is the faith of the believer that matters most.

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

Good point! It was Jesus faith that raised him from the dead!

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Lazarus was a believer, and Lazarus was dead. How much faith did this man exhibit?

15. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

That is my point. It is the faith of the one healing that matters most, not the one getting healed. When I pray for the sick, I am the one speaking to the mountain. Often times inexperienced people will ask God to heal them, this is incorrect, we speak to the sickness in His name.I

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's true, but he can heal them, and did--thousands upon thousands, most of whom were not saved.

17. awaken

awaken Active Member

Who was considered saved before the cross?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The thief on the cross, Abraham, Lot, Noah, Enoch, Elijah, Moses, for starters. Do you want me to name more?

19. awaken

awaken Active Member

So they were all saved before the cross? So people were saved before Jesus died and resurrected? So would you say they were saved by Faith?

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Have you ever read Genesis? Faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.