1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Chosen to Eternal Life? [Acts 13:48]

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is your belief and you cannot prove it one way or the other. I believe we have free will.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I ahve been but6 it a littel difficult to follow. Here is the OP;

Acts 13:48. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Some on this forum insist that election is the decision of man and God rubber stamps man’s choice! The above Scripture demonstrates that this doctrine is completely false. It is God who ordains or appoints individuals to eternal life.

My answer is yes absolutely along with man's free will. Both election and free will working together to save the elect.

3. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know that I'm comfortable with the wording "Working together." But, I the Bible does affirm God's electing work of those He chooses to save and Man's responsibility to believe.

I don't think the elect person can believe until after God regenerates them.

So, if we are in agreement--at least in principle--what is it that separates you and OldRegular?

The Archangel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.