1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ wanted to be a friend not a master

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually you plucked that out of any context at all, I quoted the entire phrase. And as such there is no context in which that statement represents God correctly. And in that phrase you used the word master not slave.

Master in the sense of submission to God not slave as in I have no other choice.

Interesting, several others understood me. Not sure why you cannot.

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way you might check out Romans 1:1, Titus 1:1 where Paul suggests he is a servant (slave) of Christ.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I think I explained that position very clearly back on post 50, and you neglected to engage with that point...

Where did anyone say they understood what you meant by your comment, "No I don't agree but neither do I find that statement all that problematic."

You don't agree...YET...You don't find that statement all that problematic. That is not confusing to anyone else?

Further, you claimed I was taking an analogy 'too far' and I asked for what specifically you felt I took too far and you have neglected to explain. Why?

4. Skandelon

And??????????

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll tell you what, I do not want to talk past you and I do not want you talking past me. So I will again try to drop it. You are welcome to be wrong all day long. Quite frankly I think you have been going at it with the attack cals on this board to long. Arguing for the sake of arguing.

6. Skandelon

Translation: I cannot answer his honest question without revealing the weakness of my objection, so I'll pretend to take the high road and be the one to just "drop it"....

Translation continued: ...but not before going back to the low road and taking one last stab on my way out the door....

Translation continued: ...and making a personal attack on his over involvement on this forum while ignoring my own 20K plus posts...

Revealing...:sleep:

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Actually I think I am liked pretty well by numerous folks on the board.

I don't think my opponents are in a position of superiority or power whereby they CAN martyr me if you are referring to you and a few other rabid anti-cals and fundies who hate me so.

I am as loved as I am hated. But I think I am respected as one who really believes the stuff he says and is not at all running for office or clamoring for affirmation.

I don't think that is remotely true of you... not even remotely.

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::wavey::thumbsup::love2: