1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian or not?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Eva, Jul 1, 2019.

1. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some are saying that only God and the individual knows whether someone is saved or not. 1 John 3:14 contradicts that thought. I know that just because someone attends church is no guarantee that they have the life of Christ in them but to totally neglect the body is a definitely contrary to the scriptures. What do they think they know more than a body of Christ if they set home and read on their own or watch their tv preachers. Ephesians 3:10 says, "...that it might be known BY THE CHURCH (literally, locally, visibly) the manifold wisdom of God." Who is being instructed? The body of Christ. Gen 18:18-19 says, "For I know him and he will command (through instruction/teaching) his children (members) and his household after him, and THEY shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring on Abraham that which he hath spoken of him." This describes the sons of God ALIVE in the body of Christ literally locally and visibly. My brother had none of the above. Much to my regret and sorrow, I KNOW he was not saved based on the scriptures I have given. The same verses assure me that I definitely have the life of Christ in me as an individual but above all as a member of a body of Christ.

2. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I think of what Reformed said concerning (all believers everywhere throughout human history) I think of a seedline (Gen 17:7 and 18:19), a remnant (Isa 37:32), a righteous nation (Isa 26:2, 1 Pet 2:9) a perpetuity as in the seedline of Christ to Adam.(Lu 3:23-38) In order to have an everlasting covenant (Gen 17:7, Isa 55:3), there must be a perpetuity. " All believers" in the listed verses were literal, local, and visible and under a continuous covenant. They were a nation and a called out assembly. I do not see it as people here and there in the catholic universal invisible sense.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Corinthians are part of the body of Christ, so are we. Not only that I will write this on this board anytime I like and there is nothing you can do about it.
    MB

4. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Bible that says the congregating Corinthians, in Corinth, were particular members of that body of Christ's baptized believers that assembled in Corinth.

I said, "no", to debating you. There is no debate.

There is a Bible and then, there is what you want to say.

I already told you there is nothing I can do about foreign concepts you hold more than the Bible Words.

You really want to say that you were baptized into the church body of congregating believers in Corinth that assembled in the first century A.D. and that really has nothing to do with me.

People that follow Jesus and His Word Preach The Bible and other people may be Saved and give as good an indication of their profession to others with whom they assemble, was my point for this thread.

People that make up stuff will often make up any number of false gospels outside of The Lord's churches who have had the oracles of God, The Whole Counsel and Manifold Wisdom of God, Entrusted to them (as another post asks about).

What is your 'Gospel'? or 'Gospels'?

Covenants?, Beads?, Baptisms?, Flowers?, Willpower of a dead will toward God?

Just asking. Jesus' churches being opposed has always led to wholesale loss of Bible Truths, in the overall Kingdom of God of Born Again Believers who have not followed Jesus in Scriptural Baptism.

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you SDA Jehovah's witness or what. I'm convinced you have made up your own doctrine You will find that most on this board believe they are part of the body of Christ. You are the one with made up doctrine. You are the one spitting out a false gospel. You have no idea of what truth really is. You're just spewing out nonsense. By the way my will is not dead and never has been. When my will is dead I'll be dead.
    MB

6. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Water has the will and freedom to sail up from the Hudson River, over Manhatten, into the Atlantic Ocean, like The Saint Louis Arch, without spilling a drop.

Fly, water, you're free!

Go uphill all you want.

Ever seen it do it?

7. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    The natural mind is at emnity against God.
    Every thought and imagination of naturally born individuals are only evil, continually.
    Those who believe not are Condemned, already.

God's Thought are a Higher Realm of Spiritual Reality than what we naturally 'think'.

The Bible Teaching of The Divine Institution Jesus Organised, Founded, and Commissioned is in The Words of The Bible.

I do not believe you are a particular member of the First Century body of Christ at Corinth, or Rome, as a member in particular.

8. melchizedeck

melchizedeck Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have the opportunity to experience Christ in the Gospel. That is what made us Christians. We cannot really judge someone in their sincerity. We can gauge if a person is sincere in living the Gospel and struggling at the same time.

If we accept our faults and strive to be better, we are on the path to salvation. If we pretend to be perfect and demonstrate a hardness of heart, then we know we are not saved.

9. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would God Forgive them?

Do they know?

Why would anyone need to be Forgiven?

How do they understand what God Says in The Bible about God's Perspective of them?

Do they have a cogniscience of Offending God and God's Moral Law of The Universe?

and the Demand God Places on all of Mankind?

We have to be Perfect to stand in the Presence of a Trice-Holy Eternal God.

God Runs Heaven.

No sin with go there or be able to survive in Heaven.

We are not Perfect.

And we don't the capibility of returning to the point of our conception and redoing our entire life and not Offending God in even one point of His Law.

We have either Kept the Whole Law at all times or not.

Hard to do for naturally born sinners, who lie because we are liars and steal because we are born thieves.

We didn't have to taught 'how to lie'.

We did it naturally, on purpose, by choise.

What are we going to do about our guilt before God?

And WHY WOULD GOD FORGIVE ANYONE?

#69 Alan Gross, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  10. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He loves us

11. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was some of the post I am repeating, then commenting below.

"" Why would anyone need to be Forgiven?

How do they understand what God Says in The Bible about God's Perspective of them?

Do they have a cogniscience of Offending God and God's Moral Law of The Universe?

and the Demand God Places on all of Mankind?

We have to be Perfect to stand in the Presence of a Trice-Holy Eternal God.

God Runs Heaven.

No sin with go there or be able to survive in Heaven.

We are not Perfect.""

See, loDebar, in the question is the prospect of sin against God being a very important issue, as to whether we have an awareness of 'sin', the way The Lord Talks about it in The Bible and the Reality of us, PERSONALLY POSSESSING SIN that is Eternally Offensive to God and must meet with Punishment in Hell, Forever.

What about that?

God HATES sin.

12. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He hates sin but loves you. All His actions are to be with you , Sin was paid for so He could be with you
    We can be reconciled with Him
    One has to realize their sin and their helpless state to accept God has provided a way of redemption. The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, with or without the Law. He shows the only way to God is through Jesus,
    Repentance is necessary for salvation so yes we are aware of sin and helplessness. but unless preached to do not know that Jesus is way redemption and forgiveness of sin.

13. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus, we see very good evidence of loDebar being Christian or not.

14. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know how yo take that, Alan.

I don't know which conclusion you have reached but God knows, I know, others here might know as well. Not only am I saved, I am saved to the " uttermost"

15. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I did sort of still leave it non-conclusive, simply because we ultimately still can't know whether someone actually is Christian or not.

Not personally having to do with you.

On the other hand, having a Testimony stated of knowlegde of how God does Save souls goes a long way toward making an observation of whether someone is Christian or not.

Then, with futhur comfirmation, as we go along with someone, such as your saying 'God Knows', and you're Saved to the 'uttermost' does just that; adds more comfirmation.

At the same time, there may be plenty would may have been Saved, under the Preaching of the Gospel, who never sat under Teaching, don't know what a Bible is, hardly, and couldn't explain How God Saves, or even if He does.

They will, however, have a Teachable Spirit and you can about bet God Will Have 'Taught them in the school of hard knocks to be ready to Learn.

Also, lost religious folks abound, but Total Depravity is their unvailing.

They alway insist,' man has a part', in their 'Salvation'.

That'what they sell to get more people, I. e., money in.

And what Satan sells to direct lost religious souls to Hell.

16. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only those who understand their need as lost realize their need of a Savior

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    I

In life, I LOVE IT WHEN "SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING"!

You SAID SOMETHING, the, loDebar.

It's sometimes called 'one of the best kept secrets on Earth'!

Preach it, far and wide, everybody!

(I'll have to find the '#' s I put up on my Twitter posts the other day: since they are mostly the Political craziness, why not add in SOME TRUTH?)

There's some:

#EVOLUTIONisFALSE
    #TURNORBURN
    #YouMustBeBornAgain
    #FleeTheWrathOfGod

The 47 Strange Deaths Around Bill And Hillary Clinton: Part 3 The 47 Strange Deaths Around Bill And Hillary Clinton: Part 3 - The Lid via @yidwithlid