1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian or not?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Eva, Jul 1, 2019.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True there is. Although we aren't in Christ because of it. We are in Christ because His grace is sufficient. Thank God we wear the righteousness of Christ.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no doubt many are just play acting. So concerned with there show they ignore the real truth.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  3. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a guest missionary noted this past Sunday, only three in this universe know for sure whether I'm saved, God, Satan, and me. Long ago a pastor noted that the Bible indicated that we were to be "fruit inspectors", but that we were not to try being "botanists" (aggressively questioning another's salvation.) Sometimes the type of fruit (or its absence) can cause us to seriously doubt whether that person is saved, but we cannot truly know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have that legal standing in Christ because His grace is sufficient. And it is Christ's righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21).

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

God knows, God shares with us., We can know, If a person is not in communion with God,,We know

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shock is a good tool for evangelism. Just ask them if they know where they are going when they die. A real Christian will answer right away. but someone who isn't sure will hesitate and get them to start them thinking about it. Then explain that all they need to do to be sure is trust in Christ.
    MB

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we are to be fruit inspectors, but the fruit we are to inspect is our own, not that of our siblings in Christ. When will the tares be separated from the wheat? Is that our job?

We are to protect the gospel, and expose false teaching. We are to protect the flock. But we are to admonish our siblings in love.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THERE IT IS!!! Christians sending folks to hell....

...oh slackin soul winner, have you sent more to heaven or more to hell? What's the score?

#30 kyredneck, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  11. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a 100% accurate test ... If you see them when you reach Heaven, then they are a Christian.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This made a great point, but needed to be explained a little more.

1) Their testimony

• Do they even claim to be a Christian?
    • Why do they think they are a Christian?
    • (I am a Christian because I live in a Christian country and I am not a Buddhist or Hindu or Muslim, is an answer that suggests some Jesus talk is needed.)
    2) Their doctrine
    • What do they believe about the important things?
    • Who is Jesus? Who is the Holy Spirit?
    • What is the gospel?
    • (Jesus is a great prophet and we should all try to live like him so we can please God = wrong answer.)
    3) Their fruit

• When you look at their life, do you see more of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control) or more of the Flesh (immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing).
    • More 'flesh' than 'spirit' in anyone's life is never a good sign.
    4) Their sanctification
    • Looking at their life (or my own life), I like to track the trajectory of my life. Not "are things going well", but more like "is the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT growing over time and are the Acts of the Flesh shrinking over time.
    • In my church we like to say: "God loves me just like I am, but he loves me too much to leave me like this."

So there are 4 real good tests to practice with on yourself and help others take stock of their 'spiritual health'.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who are addicts can get saved. Their battle will have wins and losses. We should never judge them in their
    darkest hour(s) as unsaved.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree... I heard one who is now a preacher give his testimony... He said as long as we trust in ourselves, and him and his wife were addicts for over 35 years... He said they both would do anything to feed that addiction... He said when they both reached the bottom of the barrel, after going thru hell on earth, in their darkest hour, they found God... When we reach the end of our rope and give up... God shows up, because that is the nature of God... He helps when all helps flee and when we really surrender to him... Then he alone can shine in our darkest hour... He gets ALL THE GLORY!... Even as a Christian I have learned thru many years of trying to serve the Lord... Just to let go and Let God!... No one is going to get to heaven singing I did it my way!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I don't think many Christians realize is that there is such a thing as a "dry" drunk. No longer drinking but still possessing major character defects. God wants to work on the whole person, even as He does the non-addict.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some who are not yet saved will also answer right away too, thinking they are. (Matthew 7:21-23, is an evidence that is the case)

17. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question I prefer goes something like this: "If this building collapses and kills us both, and you're facing God as He asks you why He should let you into His presence, what would be your answer?" If it's anything other than what scripture says the answer is, then there's a real opportunity to present the Gospel.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always wondered about the supposed evangelistic use of God asking "Why should I let you in...?" when biblically there is no suggestion that such question would ever be asked.

Far better simply to ask why a person "knows" he is saved and not going to hell, and then look for a solid, biblically based answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even better, I think, is to ask that person what would be given as an explanation to someone as to how to know for sure of going to Heaven?

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's been my experience that many just walk away and give me a dirty look if i take to long to get to the point. I usually tell them all they have to do is trust in Christ and they will know for sure..
    MB