1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christianity & Islam

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015.

1. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

To all who believed... exactly. Not all Christian, or Jews, or Muslims. Just all. Did you catch that?

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the forum pops,

It might be helpful if you could clarify what it is that you believe about Christ and the God of the Bible.

I'm not a moderator here, but I am at another forum and I always like to Google new members there, and it's now a habit here. I notice that you post frequently on quite a few atheist forums, a Bhuddist forum, a Catholic forum, and an Islamic forum.

In reading some of your posts in those places and reading what you say here, it's not clear to me what you believe.

It might help some of us understand you better if you could elaborate a little.

3. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said the OT didn't mean anything to me. I said in regards to the new Covenant. Which is established through Christ's redemptive work. Which includes his Crucifixion, which fulfills OT prophecy. Our salvation isn't found in the OT. It is found in Christ.

The good works you listed do count towards salvation. We are saved by faith alone. Now our faith will bring good works, but those works do not save.

4. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I have seen claims of translation manipulation. Mostly KJV vs. Nestle-Aland based modern text. I don't think any conspiracy is found in any of the major translations. KJV, ESV, NIV, NASB, HCSB, NKJV, and even the NLT.....all follow reasonable translation process.

5. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

5:110. (Again imagine) when Allâh said, ‘O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My blessing upon you and upon your mother, how I strengthened you with the holy revelation. You spoke to the people (when you were) in the cradle and when of old age, and how I taught you the Scripture and the wisdom and the Torah and the Evangel, and how you determined from clay the likeness of a bird by My leave, then you breathed into it (a new spirit) then it became a soaring being by My leave, and by My leave you absolved the blind, the leprous, and by My leave you raised the (spiritually or nearly) dead to life, and how I warded off the Children of Israel from (putting) you (to death). It was the time when you came to them with clear arguments, but those among them who disbelieved had said, “This is naught but a hoax cutting (us) off (from the nation)”.

The Qur'an definitely says Christ was perfect and performed miracles through God.

6. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem at all. The Greek word that is translated here is "tekna". The plural version of "teknon" which means child, son or daughter. So, both renderings are correct. Children is just more accurate. I'm guessing you have the KJV. The KJV almost always leans towards to the masculine renderings.

7. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

I believe in God. I believe he is the creator and all creation. I believe we all have a direct link to God through true Faith. I think that being faithfully doesn't just mean to believe but to be completely honest with yourself on every level. I think that positive actions based in Faith are key to a real connection with God. Past that, the rest of what I feel is indifferent at this time.

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By definition, being a follower of Christ.....putting you faith in the Savior and Lordship of Jesus, makes you a Christian. Jewish faith doesn't do that. Neither does Islam.

9. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not what I asked for. Where does the Quran teach the deity of Christ. Where does it say Christ is God?

10. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you have no real opinion of Jesus yet? As far as him being part of the triune God?

You seem to hold many roads to Heaven. Many roads to the same God, correct?

11. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Dude. You said that John1:1 statd that God was Christ. It clearly did not. I was just showing that Islam does accept Christ, and Christianity, and Judaism.

12. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Still studying. Don't know too much about the holy trinity yet if that's what you mean.

Yes. If your Faith is true and you act on that Faith I feel that you can be forgiven, or saved, or go to heaven or whatever you want to call it when you die physically and your spirit or energy returns to the Lord, God, the creator.

13. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John Chapter 1. Not just the first verse.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

...Jesus is the Word. We see that in verse 14.

14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

14. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

I have an opinion. My opinion is that Christ and God are the same, but that wasn't the case when he was human. I also don't believe that I have to think Jesus was God in human form in order to be saved. I actually know this because I have been saved in an astonishing, miraculous way and I didn't really think too much about Jesus at that time.

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And then there's Revelation 19:13 (in the description of the Rider on the White Horse [Jesus]), where His name is called "The Word of God".

16. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

The problem is that you said son as in Christ but the texts says sons or children which is plural henceforth no speaking about Christ. I understand that this is a misunderstanding but it shows how easily people are ready to bicker over trivial differences. Especially when it comes to religion.

17. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

And in there lies the problem. They all stem from the same belief and God so why the endless misery due to small differences. Can you not see that this division was intentional. The Lord spoke of different nations not different religions.

18. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Ok but just because God made Christ doesn't mean Christ was God before he made him. I mean how does that even make sense?

19. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Will catch up tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience with me. I mean no harm and apologize for my general demeanor coming of as blunt or arrogant. I am humble. It is a priviledge to speak with you all. Good night.

20. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....God didn't make Christ. Christ is self existing. Just like the Father. They are the same. The "Word was with God". God did not create himself.

John 10:29-30

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

#60 McCree79, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015