1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christianity & Islam

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015.

1. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Couldn't find Sura anything in the Qur'an or Torah. What book are you referencing and where did that originate?

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

The only real way that Biblical-based Christians and Islamic people can become friends with each other and live in harmony, not only with each other as individuals, but also as two "societies" is by us Christians putting away our natural tendencies to hate and despise these people and, instead, reaching out to them with the very same Gospel of Jesus Christ that saved us!

"How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear of Him unless someone tells them?" (Romans 10:14 [NLT])

When was the last time you actually face-to-face witnessed to your Islamic friend or neighbor?

Somebody took the time and effort to witness to you about Jesus.

Isn't it about time we disregard our natural prejudices about these people and see them as lost souls, dying without hope, and spending an eternity in hell?

If somebody cared enough to tell you about Jesus and the absolute necessity of trusting in Him if you ever expect to spend eternity in heaven, isn't it about time we--who claim to have the love of Christ and a deep burden for the lost....whoever they may be and whoever they claim to worship--do the same for Islamic people?

We may hate what they do, but didn't God hate what we did before we trusted in His Son?

That didn't stop Him from sending His Son to take our place on the cross. That didn't stop His Son from willingly dying for us, did it?

Were we any less sinners than those who believe Allah is their god?

I think not.

So, what's stopping us from doing all we can to bring them to the foot of the cross?

Do we think God will overlook our natural tendency to shun these people simply because they don't think like we do, or look like we do, or go to "church" like we do?

I don't think so.

Maybe God hasn't called you into some full-time ministry whose goal is to reach out to the entire Islamic world. That's fine....maybe He's just called you to witness to that Islamic person who lives next door, or with whom you work, or maybe just that mother with several children who needs someone to help her in her daily chores.

If that's what He's put before you, why not be like the old prophet Isaiah who said, "Here am I; send me." (Is. 6:8b)

Why not?

3. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry ...I refer to the Quran has book of Sura(S) which is incorrect, technically. Our Bible is made up of multiple books. So I tend to treat the Quran the same out of habit. A Sura is a chapter of the Quran. Numbers are applied to the chapter instead of the Arabic title.

4. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

5:46. And We sent Jesus, son of Mary, in the footsteps of these (Prophets), fulfilling that which was (revealed) before him, of the Torah, and We gave him the Evangel which contained guidance and light, fulfilling that which was (revealed) before it, of the Torah, and was a (means of) guidance and an exhortation for those who guard against evil.

5:69. Verily, those who have believed and those who judaised and the Sabians and the Christians, whosoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and does righteous deeds, they shall have no cause of fear nor shall they ever grieve.

5:71. And they thought there would be no punishment (for them) so they willfully became blind and deaf; (then they sought Allâh’s pardon) then Allâh turned to them (with mercy with the advent of Jesus), yet again many of them became blind and deaf. And Allâh is Watchful of what they do.

5:72. Indeed, they have disbelieved who say, ‘Allâh - He is the Messiah, son of Mary,’ whereas the Messiah (himself) said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh Who is my Lord and your Lord.’ Surely whoso associates partners with Allâh, him has Allâh forbidden Paradise, and his resort will be the Fire and these transgressors shall have no helpers.

5:77. Say, ‘O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in (the matter of) your religion falsely and unjustly, nor follow the fancies of a people who had gone astray before (you) and had led many astray, and (now again) who have strayed away from the right path.

5:78. Those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel were deprived of the blessings of God (firstly) by the tongue of David and (then by) Jesus, son of Mary. That was so because they rebelled and used to transgress.

5:82. You shall certainly find the Jews and those who associate partners with Allâh the most vehement of the people in enmity against those who believe, and you shall certainly find those who say, ‘We are Christians,’ the nearest in friendship towards those who believe. That is so because there are savants and monks amongst them and because they are not haughty.

5:83. And when they hear that (Divine Message) which has been revealed to this perfect Messenger you will find their eyes overflow with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say, ‘Our Lord! We believe, so count us among the witnesses (to the truth).’

Just try to remember; as with the bible; parentheses means added at a later time.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

I think you mean Abraham, not David. And he is our father in that we are children of the Promise (I thought you were familiar with Torah).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Uhm, I was responding to someone else's post. I meant David. I am pretty familiar with the Torah/ Old Testament. Not perfect though. Never will be. Thanks.

7. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You present hate as one sided. I don't think the majority of Christians hate Muslims. Nor do I think they hate Jehovah Witnesses, or Mormons. They just don't know how to handle them. It is much different then dealing with someone who has no religious affiliation at all. Islam, JW and Mormons all attack Christian scripture. Especially the NT. Once our Scripture gets attacked, most Christians don't know where to turn. Scripture is where we train them to turn. The average Christian does not know enough about canonicity, textual criticism, inerrancy and infallibility, and scriptural authority to handle this kind of attack. I believe is fear of failing that holds Christians back, not hate.

Islam for example has the doctrine of "tahif". Which claims Christian Bible are corrupt and not to be trusted. They use similar attacks done by KJVOism. Expect that take KJVOism out to its logical conclusion and attack all Christian Scripture. Islam will constantly site KJVO advocates(such as Ruckman or Riplinger) in their attack. Christians dear this debate. We haven't taught them about authority of the Bible enough.

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are these the verses to support that Jesus is now God to Muslims?

These verses seem to indicate Jesus is not God. Such as 5:72 "They do blaspheme who say" Allah is Christ...."
    Later in 5:75 it states "Christ the Son of Mary was no more than a messenger..."

5:77 who refers to people who believe Christ is God, more than messenger, as being lead astray.

5:78 as those who rebelled.

These verses teach Jesus is not God.

#88 McCree79, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Hey, trolls are people too.

Sometimes we just engage to engage. It is obvious that the op is not legitimate.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

I apologize if I misunderstood. Please explain God making David his first born. Please explain how you come to the conclusion that David was the first believer.

11. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

It supports that true believers aren't to discriminate against one another.

12. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Against other true believers or all people?

13. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Popsthebuilder, you stated earlier you know you are saved, because you have been saved in a miraculous manner. That is a paraphrase, but I believe that is close to your statement. Do you care to share the "miraculous manner" of your salvation?

14. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Was simply interpreting Scarlett O.s post earlier.
    That is all.

15. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

In reference to the exerts that I posted; true believers.

But yeah the same goes for ignorant who don't deny, yet don't know better.

16. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

The manner of my personal salvation should not be at issue. I am not here to draw attention to how I got here. Focus is to be on God. If your resident investigator has indeed searched, then perhaps they can shed some light. If absolutely needed for some reason, I will explain. It would be lengthy to do it any justice. I don't have that amount of time at this moment. It is comparable to other recollections I have heard though. Thanks.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

No, you were not. She asked the same questions as I. We are curious as to where your Davidic theology originated. It is an odd belief foreign to Scripture (and Torah). If you would extend the courtesy of an explanation, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

18. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am just trying to understand your soteriology. Salvation is goes to God's glory. It would no way remove focus from Him.

19. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

So it states that Jesus came from God. We all did. Christ was perfect, we are not.

20. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

It seems like you make no distinction between the man Jesus and God, not Islam.