Christians dont watch movies

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 20, 2013.

1. Wherever You Go New Member

Ugg, I accidentally went to downtown Greenville today.
    I used to go down there quite a bit handing out tracts when I was in college.

2. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I got cussed out a number of times. I had a woman get in my face and point at my NKJV Bible and tell me I was wrong. I had another person yell ay me on the streets that I was a false teacher. He did that because I exposed him as a false teacher as he was teaching another gospel.

I had a New Spirituality guy whom teaches a class challenge me to show up at his class and debate with him. He sometimes would antagonize me and pass out flyers that I was a false teacher. His friends would phone him where I was at and where I was preaching and they sometimes would follow me there.

I remember once I preached out against some cult group that was out there with the mic and preaching another gospel. I went there and told them they were wrong. Praise the Lord they never came back to that location. I got accused of harassment a number of times and some wanted to shut me down from passing out tracts. I also was on Fox Carolina once because of my open air preaching.

And I remember speaking at a event at a certain SBC Church trying to get people to go out and do street evangelism, however no one was interested sadly. But I attracted a Hyper Dispensationalist whom wanted to debate with me.

One of the liberal emerging church pastors got in my face once and started to harass me. I had preached that he was a false teacher and he did not like that. I got the police involved and he apologized. I have had a number of debates and such down there with cults, hyper calvinist, separatist Fundamentalist, etc.. I cant keep track of all the confrontations that I had. However I boldly preached for 5 years and spoke with hundreds of lost people. I prayed with many, mailed out books, took some to dinner/lunch, helped a young girl with a baby get her food (however she ripped me off and took off when the police showed up), etc.. Lots of adventures in that area in the 5 years.

3. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go there more often as the place needs evangelists badly. Do not worry about the results, but focus on obedience to God and the Bible. Too many focus on results and the response and are not trusting in God to bring the converts.

4. SaggyWoman Active Member

Life is bad. So why watch life.

5. saturneptune New Member

I would be interested in your take on the movie "The Passion."