1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians in Hollywood

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Salty, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, since it came from that fact based source The Onion

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

I am quite impressed with your in-depth knowledge of my Christianity, as well as how I spend my short time on Earth serving the Lord. You obviously have a God-given anointing which allows you to judge the hearts, minds and intentions of those who do not agree with your (snip) version of Christianity. How very religious of you! :)

#22 Protestant, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2022
  3. Protestant

The same way we can look at the Pope of Rome and determine he is a fraudulent deceiver who is of his father the Devil.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Protestant

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement: "The believer will show increasing evidence as they mature in Christ."

Christians are to judge the validity of their profession by testing their fruit. It takes time for fruit to develop. So hasty judgments are ill advised. However, years later if fruit is still rotten then judgment must be passed based on biblical principles.

Jesus is quite clear. The world loves its own. The world hates those who are not of the world...especially if they dare expose the sin and hypocrisy of those who love the world. Hollywood epitomizes the love of the world. Jesus' disciples are not of the world, as they once were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Protestant

The typical attitude of the unregenerate is "Judge not lest ye be judged."

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    By their fruits you shall know them

I attended a preformance by Kirk Cameron ( I won tickets from the local Christian Radio Station [but not the station I work at!] At one point, Kirk mention he would never kiss another woman (on the lips) even if acting. AT that point, I stood up and started applauding. I thought everyone would do likewise - well a few did, but not what I had expected!

It should be noted that while filming "Fireproof" Kirk never once kissed his (movie) wife, execpt in the very last scene. Well, to do that, the production company (the church) flew in the wife of Kirk and she - from a long shot -engaged in a very long passionate kiss.

Prosteant - I know what you said about Kirk in the past - but this example, I was very pleased!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Protestant

This may seem a new revelation to you, but God uses means to achieve His ends. That would include using Christians to exhort, rebuke, edify, educate, warn, encourage and approve the lifestyle, morality, teachings and beliefs of other professing Christians. There are many members in Christ's Body, each with a valuable service to render to Christ and His Body. You, Austin, do quite well in defending Calvinism. Defending one's position requires exposing the errors of the adversary. This debate tactic is not only educational, it is a rebuke; a form of discipline. You could stay silent and let God teach via His Spirit. Yet you do not. Is this because you cannot discern your own egotistical hypocrisy due to the log in your own righteous eye?

#27 Protestant, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  8. Protestant

Kirk, like Billy Graham, makes it a point to be as morally perfect, pure and innocent as the driven snow. I agree that Hollywood films explicitly depicting lovemaking is nothing less than glamorizing sordid highly paid prostitution. He also champions a godly marriage. For that he should be applauded. However, I would question his naivete when it comes to Santa Claus and Roman Catholicism (not to mention 'Secret Rapture'). Billy Graham had the same blind spot.....allowing millions to remain in damning subjection to false Christianity.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Secret raptrue ?? how can it be secret - when itis know by so many people!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Protestant

LOL I will reserve comment if and when I start a new thread on the subject :)

11. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know of anyone who believes in a secret rapture.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reformed - its secret because we did not want you to know about it

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Being pre-mill, honoring Saint Nicholas, or even being Roman Catholic is no reason to claim someone is not a Christian.

I agree that the Roman cult presents a great deal of false teaching, and there should be encouragement to remove and withdraw from fraternization with such, but there are certainly believers in that group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All your sources were from the onion? The link didn't mention a satirical site. So good on ya for providing fake news.

16. Protestant

I know of MANY EX-Catholics who love the Lord and witness fearlessly against the RCC because it is a fraud and anti-Christ.

Yes, there are many in Roman Catholicism who believe..... the problem is they believe lies.

You owe it to yourself to continue your studies into the teachings of the RCC, the claims of the Papacy, as well as a serious study of Church history. You should also pick up a newspaper and read of the worldwide sexual abuse of children by this satanic church. Then open your Bible and discover for yourself whether idolators, sexual deviates, murders, liars and those who do irreparable harm to children are destined for Heaven.

Why not begin your journey by finding errors and falsehoods in my thread, A Call to Biblical Truth? I welcome correction if I have misunderstood Roman Catholic doctrine, or if I quoted Scripture incorrectly.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Now for actual facts:

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

The info I provided about Hollywood stars is very true indeed
    and is from several different sources.

18. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

By the standard and measure in how how we judge, we shall be judged in return, maybe?

19. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am well aware of the failures in the RCC.

I was merely mentioning the Lord’s ability to redeem even of the occultism.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is not the “judge not” passage specific to condemning one to eternal condemnation, rather then one not engaging discernment in matters of knowing with whom to associate?