1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians, War, and Violence

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1689Dave, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes the innocent...

more than 60 million deaths since the legalized murder of those in their mother's womb

60,069,971 Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973 | LifeNews.com

2. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you are not responding to what I said. You are NOW enjoying the fruit of what you say violates the teaching of Christ.

You are a hypocrite. You enjoy the fruits of what you say you are against. You contradicting your own professed values. You should not be enjoying freedom and liberty that are, by were obtained immorally by your standard. So you are basically giving tacit approval to what you claim is sin.

You are a fraud.

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians in Acts did exactly as I said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is immoral to enjoy something that was obtained immorally. If it is immoral to defend the US in the military, then it is just as immoral to enjoy what the military has obtained for us, namely a free country. The US isn't a gift. It was obtained through war and if you enjoy the fruit of war, which includes all of the liberties we have in our constitution. Our liberties are from God, but they are defended and maintained by our government which uses the military as the tool of enforcement and protection of the laws that guarantee us those freedoms in this land.

If you are enjoying those freedoms, you are enjoying something that is here because men and women gave their lives to defend it. If you think they are immoral, then you are doubly immoral for partaking of their fruit.

5. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they didn't. There were Christians in the Roman military and in the household of Caesar. Try reading your Bible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utter nonsense. Folks read Hebrews chapter 11. Ask yourself what did the last 5 people mentioned do in scripture.

7. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jhn 18:10 KJV - Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

I believe Simon Peter missed his mark. He was attempting to separate the servant;s head from his body. When he drew his sword, he had no intention of cutting off a ear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    OT believers followed a different plan from NT believers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cornelius became a pastor. We have no record of Christians using violence but plenty of history in the early New Covenant era of rejecting military service.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So true Hank ! And lets not forget the slaughter of innocents by Herod. He was not disturbed by any of the religious practices of the time which did not challenge his authority. I argue, he believed in prophecy or he would not have been bothered by the birth of a Male Child. The Male Child is being birthed at this End of the Age in the Soul's of the Elect . The Father's name is upon their minds. Many kings today will be enraged because truth, which has not been held to, will now be held by those who love it stand for it and are not afraid to. For the longest time , concerning Christianity men's diluted doctrines have been embraced appose to pure truth!
    Satan has spewed forth his venom and diluting waters to make impotent the knowledge of God . He has been attacking all the Christian assemblies and diluting the potency of Christ's teaching through self willed men.

Not anymore!

11. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Paul was in prison, he was, according to himself, winning Roman soldiers to the Lord and his ministry in prison penetrated all the way into household of Nero, himself. Paul was guarded by the Pretorian guard and they were getting saved. There was no evidence that they ever left their post.

You are promoting a secular doctrine called pacifism, that is not taught one place in the Bible. You try to pencil it, but you are promoting a secular idea in trying to make it appear biblical, you are essentially a false teacher who perverts the Word of God.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many prostitutes become Christians. But they move on like Cornelius did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not even remotely the same thing and intelligent thinking people know the difference. Prostitution is actually sin. The Bible NOWHERE says that being in the military is a sin. That is a sin you are trying to manufacture. If you are opposed to being in the military, that is your business, but to come and claim that it is wrong for Christians to be in the military is not simply not supported by the Bible.

I would also point out that defending your family from a violent intruder is not deemed sinful in Scripture. Again, that is a sin you are manufacturing.

If you choose to be a pathetic, rotten man and a walking/breathing disgrace to humanity and let an intruder kill your wife and kids, that is up to you. You don't deserve a family, if that is the case, but that's up to you.

Real men who are worth something will defend their families.

14. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am saying there will be men who will fight in wars and there are men who will not. And it is those few who will not ,who are for gaining men for God alone. They are FIRST fruits which means they are given unto God for the sake of men and the kingdom of heaven. They are also first fruits because they will be part of the FIRST Resurrection. You do know there are those of a first resurrection and a second of which the First has dominion over don't you?
    Rev.20:
    4Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God,( this is one group who will be beheaded who are part of the Elect.)

and those (ANOTHER GROUP) who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands.

( The "And Those" in Rev.4 is a second group of the elect who will not taste death as the others did and see the Lord's coming and are transformed in a twinkling of an eye as Paul said.They will be snatched up after those who were beheaded and or those who died before them resurrect.).

And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete(second fruits).

This is the first resurrection (Those of verse 4). 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

There are certain of men who are to be holy anointed for the kingdom of heavens purpose only. And I am not saying that men may not have been called by Christ even out from military , but they do not encourage military service once they know Christ. Now, some without knowing the scriptures in POTENCY may join the Military. They may not know what is being discussed here. Christ will make away if they realize the truth after the fact.
    1 Corinthians 7:20-22
    Live Your Calling
    …20Each one should remain in the situation he was in when he was called. 21Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let it concern you, but if you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity. 22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman. Conversely, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ’s slave.…

If you have joined the Armed Forces you are NOT a free man but a slave.But worry not for Christ will free your soul .

Many do what they not know is not the best choice out of good intentions. This not knowing is because they do not truly understand Christ's words. Since it is for the Elect to reveal their TRUE meaning, the opportunity is now afforded them. But I argue , if you have served your time in duty to country, stop preaching country and start preaching the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.For the countries are men's and the prince of the power of the air rules them at present and the kingdom of heaven is not of this world.

I can not concern myself with men not liking God's word. It is in Him my honor ,the kingdom and power and Glory now and forever Amen!

#54 OfLivingWaters, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is NO evidence that they did not leave their post when it was afforded them to. If they stayed in Christ most definitely they would not continue in the service of country and men but rather the Kingdom of heaven for the sake of men's souls, FOR SURE!

16. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In no way. You're saying that a Christian who obeys Jesus'. command to love his enemies is UNSAVED? What are you
    going top call your new religion?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jhn 15:12 KJV - This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
    Jhn 15:13 KJV - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

At the very least, I consider my family among my friends.

18. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Mat 5:38-39 KJV] 38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

[Mat 5:43-44 KJV] 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

• Like Like x 1
  19. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I won't go so far as to say this, I would like to mention that Jesus did not take his apostles with him to the cross. Jesus did not let the innocent suffer and die around him.

20. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not true. There are Chaplains in the military that are reaching soldiers for Jesus. But those Chaplains are still soldiers themselves. They are not telling anyone to leave the military.

You don't know what you're talking about. And you are still enjoying the fruit that was gained through those men who fought and died so you could remain free. You enjoy the fruit of their sacrifice while you demonize them. You are a disgrace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.