1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians, War, and Violence

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1689Dave, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya passed right over Eccl. 3:3 - "a time to KILL".

What violence did Jesus use? He punched, kicked, & beat the merchants in the temple with a knotted rope. I'm sure they didn't leave willingly til he "persuaded" them it's be in their best interest to do so.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're out of order. Examine yourself. Under scrutiny you're most likely what you accuse him of.

4. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you are not. You are applying the Scriptures to an issue they don't teach at all. Pacifism is a secular concept and you have to pervert the Bible in order to promote it.

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have no NT scripture supporting Christians using violence to defend themselves or anyone else. Jesus taught the opposite.

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I faced 5 years in prison refusing military service in the Vietnam War. Eventually being drafted as a civilian Conscientious Objector. And also became disowned by my family who ended up eating lots of crow when the truth about the war became known.

Think of it this way. If someone kills me or my family, we go to heaven upholding Jesus' words. If we kill them, we violate Jesus' words and live to suffer old age and go to heaven on less honorable terms. If I stand by and let someone kill an unbeliever, the unbeliever has less to suffer in hell than if they had a life time of sin to pay for. Pacifism is the only sane choice.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of it this way. If someone kills me or my family, we go to heaven upholding Jesus' words. If we kill them, we violate Jesus' words and live to suffer old age and go to heaven on less honorable terms. If I stand by and let someone kill an unbeliever, the unbeliever has less to suffer in hell than if they had a life time of sin to pay for. Pacifism is the only sane choice.

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many die of horrible diseases clawing and fighting for survival at the expense of following Jesus? I would rather suffer any death upholding Jesus' words than what others face in not doing so even if raped in the process.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    killing is a business just like prostitution. The love of money is the root of ALL evil including war.

10. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do you enjoy the fruits of evil? If you are going to enjoy the fruit of evil, you are as guilty of the same evil.

11. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would let your wife be raped? You would just stand there and let that happen?

12. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, pacifism only emboldens evil. People like you make evil more possible. More people suffer because others stand by and allow evil to continue and grow. That isn't sane, nor is it biblical. Nothing in the Bible prohibits self-defense or defense of family. You have pervert Scripture to do that. You have to love the world more than love God in order to promote the insanity of pacifism.

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God controls evil. Are you trying to interfere with his judgement on nations?

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you let your wife die from the ravages of cancer? What if God sent a means for her to escape that and you killed it?

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can pick up and move on as the early Christians did. Notice, none of them stuck around to fight for Jerusalem.

16. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you live in the US enjoying the fruit of evil. So you really don't have the strength of your convictions. You condemn what you think is evil, but you continue to enjoy those things that evil gives you. Pretty much shows your hypocrisy.

17. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I would seek all possible treatments for cancer, but I would not let the doctor come in kill my wife.

But cancer is not the same as being raped. Women survive rape. You would let your wife be raped and force her to live with that rape and be forced to live with you just standing there and letting it happen. She would have the displeasure of having to look at you every day and live with that horror, a horror you allowed. That is nothing to be proud of and that is not in keeping with the Bible. You basically allowed a rapist to come in and violate your marriage covenant.

That's pretty sick on your part.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you know God controls all, even the death of a sparrow, it's easier to have faith in these matters.

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you defend Homosexuality, Abortion, and don't think war is judgement for this and more?

20. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    So blame God for your false doctrine and worldly pacifism. How convenient. So God sent the rapist to rape your wife?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.