1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church and Association Search

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Brother Jeremy Slone, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Brother Jeremy Slone

I thought we could use this thread for history searches for any church or association.

Copper Creek or "Addington Frame" Church.
    I am looking for any iformation on this church. What i do know is it was in Scott County VA. i have its early members, it was in the Washington association, had a split in 1848 over missions and the "antis" added primitive after regular in its name at some time later. it was part of the arm in 1857 to form Stony Creek association. they rejected letter in 1897 from Three Forks Powell's River Association. Not sure if you had two churches with same name after split over missions. but would be interested in both. (I think it may had ended up in Eastern District association but no sure about that) is it still around does any one know of any of its records at any point in history?

#1 Brother Jeremy Slone, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  2. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Brother Jeremy Slone

Thanks Brother keith, they even had a book for point truth that split from copper creek, I am still interested if copper creek church is still going to day and what association it might be in as well.

#3 Brother Jeremy Slone, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. Jeremy, I had a link to the website of the Eastern District Association on this page:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=7954

It appears to no longer be functional. I don't know if they've moved their site or just don't have one up any longer.

5. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Brother Jeremy, I think I may have found the church. I finally got around to checking my minutes. There is a Copper Creek Church in the Eastern District Primitive Baptist Association. The address is given as Nickelsville, Virginia. So that should be in Scott County and may be the church for which you're looking. The moderator in the year 2000 was Eckel Head of Kingsport, Tennessee. That is the most recent minute I have.

6. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anybody have any pre-1900 Mates Creek Regular Primitive Baptist Association minutes? I am looking for a list of churches from those minutes.

7. Brother Jeremy Slone

Thankyou rlvaughn for the information and Keith I think Pike College has minutes of area associations in their Library records. Might want to get in contact with them to see if they have historical for Mates Creek. I am pretty sure they do for Union and New Salem.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

And Sardis, which used to be in Mate's Creek Association or our first churches were a part of Mate's Creek for that is where we split from.

#8 Brother Bob, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  9. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist