1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church discipline?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old Union Brother, Feb 5, 2013.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Again, we are ambassadors to our local church, and more importantly,Jesus Christ......we represent Him. Now, if someone is out getting drunk, running from the law, getting put into prison, apparently living in sin, what local church would want them for an ambassador? I wouldn't. Look, convincing sinners to come to Christ for salvation is hard enough, w/o openly keeping "wolves" amongst our flocks.

Wherever I go, I am an ambassador for the Little Martha church. I am thankful that they looked past my many shortcomings, and took me in as a charter member, May 2, 2009. I don't want to do anything to bring reproach upon Little Martha, neither the name of Jesus Christ. If someone had an allegation against me....i.e. spreading lies, I would call for a special business meeting PRONTO(even if it was on a wednesday night), and tell them what was being said.

When someone has done what Brother Baker stated happened to that fellow, and was offered a chance to come before the church, explain himself, and ask for forgiveness, and he refused, then he put his head on the chopping block himself. He excluded himself, imo.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Sounds to me like the church took in two unrepentetent sinners. Why would I make such a claim? The gentleman never openly stated his and her's situation until they were asked. If this hadn't have happened, it's hard telling how long they would have lived that way.

I'll tell you how the ORB's would have handled this. If they would have taken them in, and then, say, six months later, they'd found out about it, they would have to take them in through the door again. Anytime somone comes to the church and is baptized, and stays shacked up with their girlfriend for six months, shows me they are still living in sin.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm real tired of so called churches operating on an "As Needed Basis" ...in other words your signing up is merely a head count process & then they "think" that with time, you will change your operating lifestyle to accommodate the Basic Christianity World-view.

Lets face facts, Why? I'm already living with the gal & she is giving me what I want. I'm a member of a church that turns a blind eye, & so if I just give them (& continue to) give them an offering check......blah, blah, blah.

Hey, & if you keep putting your nose in my business then I will just go down the road......I will do this & I will do that & I will ........ IIIIIIIIII & Me Me Me Me. Normal operating procedure in NJ, will give you that!

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother EWF, I agree with you wholeheartedly here, but Sissy did post something in this thread that I overlooked, and kinda changed the complexity of her case:

So what they actually did, or so it appears to me, was they got them out of being shacked up together until they were married. I was under the impression that since they were around them a lot, that that couple was taken in as members, and then later on found out them not being married.

Sissy, so they weren't saved during the time they were around you, prior to getting married? Is that what you are saying? I am trying to get to the gist of this, so that I have a clearer picture. Thanks in advance.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They had only been attending about a month or so when the men's retreat came along and the men invited the guy to go with them. :)