Church Membership: Do I Stay or Do I Go Now?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need, my friend, to go out and seek and find the local church body that God intend for you and your family to attend and exercise your gifts and talents in!

cannot stay there, if it keeps making you miserable and bored all the time!

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have, at times, felt that way also. I’ve sat in worship as we sang the nineteenth stanza of “happy happy joy joy” and all I could think was Richard Simmons ain’t got nothing on our worship leader. Then I listen to a lengthy sermon only to learn that repetition doesn’t birth relevance. I leave thinking that’s three hours of my life I can’t get back (several years ago I realized that the value of time increases proportionately with age). This leads me to the idea that there must be something wrong with my church. Sooner or later I normally suspect I’m that “something.”

3. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you suspect it brudder, you probably are. As for me, I am perfect. :smilewinkgrin:

4. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seek ... I have & its non existant ---- at least locally. Plant one, perhaps ....with God's help, if it is His will....but that so far is been extremely frustrating. I could share that but not on this thread.

5. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I though I was at one time, but my wife differs. I tried the whole "submit woman, we're baptists," but that didn't go over well. :eek:

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have NO good baptist churche sin your entire state then? here in mi, I have at least 5 within a few miles circle

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im only concentrating on my general area Within 25-30 Minutes Drive. I dont want anything further out.

8. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah Ha....did happen to notice you selected the pink smiley face :laugh:

9. Joined:
    Apr 11, 2013
    Mine would have pulled out Ephesians 4:21 and said, "Right after you submit to me, Honey."

10. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Admit it. You have been salivating with the chance to "interact" with me.

You don't have a single clue.

I would encourage the people with your kind of mentality to actually read a good creed. But not in a church service. You need to know the 1689 Confession of Faith. But not in a church service.

You're off your ever lovin' rocker.

That's not what I am accustomed to;however many of them are quite good.

Anything that differs from your perfect understanding has to be characterized with those devilish terms. You have some warped thinking.

I am being perfectly honest -- you are quite adept at lying.
    I know that you can't follow simple things but I was not referencing material things. I was speaking of the privileges that those in the West have in their abundance of churches. Get it now?
    And just when we think Sat/Nep can't be any more insulting he vomits up the above.
    It has been amply illustrated that you take the proverbial cake.

11. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you have the lack of discernment to endorse S/N's sickening post? Shame on you.

You have a huge disconnect. You can't understand metaphorical language I guess. I said nothing about you not knowing what starvation,poverty etc. is. My point, which went right over your head --was that in America you have plenty of churches from which to choose to associate yourself with. Such is not the case here with a native English speaker --I have Christian friends (a church if you will) but it takes a lot of time,effort and logistics to get there. It is not possible to go every Sunday. There some Chinese gatherings which are not in English nearby --underground. Then there are state-approved ones which certainly do not preach the Gospel. I heard about one pastor who finally did preach the authentic gospel and was promptly led away.

Are you getting it?

12. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your an American in China...without the proper language skills?

13. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all your English language mistakes don't be quick to condemn me. There are lots of native English-speakers here who don't have "the proper language skills" as you say. We are still valuable to the Chinese public.

I know some American Christians who have been here almost 10 years and don't know more than 5 or six characters. They just are able to understand basic Chinese and are able to speak it at a moderate level.

When one spends the majority of the time here communicating in English -- learning Chinese isn't a necessity.

But all that aside. You don't have anything at all to say about my last post?

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont care about your last post nor any of your past posts on this thread. You have your opinion & you expressed it. I have mine & I expressed it & will stand by it. Period.

But for the life of me, I do not see why you are in China (without language comprehension skills & ability to speak the native language). Yea, you can justify your existence there by siteing that the speaking of Chinese is unnecessary, however I dont believe it. Who is paying for your being there, if I may be so bold? Ya know what, strike that last question.....It's not important to me.