1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church Rapture seen in Revlation 4:1-4

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, May 2, 2015.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

We can go to Revelation 5:
    8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
    9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands.

Observe, mh "1. The church begins the doxology, as being more immediately concerned in it (Revelation 5:8), the four living creatures, and the four-and-twenty elders, the Christian people, under their minister, lead up the chorus.

Verse 10:mh, " Every ransomed slave is not immediately preferred to honour he thinks it a great favour to be restored to liberty. But when the elect of God were made slaves by sin and Satan, in every nation of the world, Christ not only purchased their liberty for them, but the highest honour and preferment, made them kings and priests--kings, to rule over their own spirits, and to overcome the world, and the evil one and he has made them priests, given them access to himself, and liberty to offer up spiritual sacrifices, and they shall reign on the earth they shall with him judge the world at the great day."

We see in verses
    8 "And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
    9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;"

All the singing is taking place in Heaven and MH says "The church begins the doxology, as being more immediately concerned in it." that would place the church in Heaven prior to the Tribulation. Over and over we see MH teaching a Rapture of the church and here prior to the beginning of Earth's redemption we see "The church begins the doxology" in heaven.

Again prior to what you say was Darby forming the pre-trib rapture we see Henry saying "the church begins the doxology" and that doxology is clearly began in Heaven.

The Waldenses and other were looking for the return of christ for His church prior to the Tribulation.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You apparently do not understand that when Saints die they go into the presence of GOD. There is nothing in Revelation 5 that talks about resurrected Saints. You are inserting your false doctrine into everything you quote. Bad enough to do it to Henry but when you do it to Scripture that is forbidden by Scripture:

Revelation 22:18, 19
    18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Every Believer from Adam to anyone in this present age soul goes to Heaven now. Prior to Christ death on the cross they went to Paradise with a great gulf fixed between it and torments, Jesus taught us that. At some point and probably during His 3 full days and 3 full nights in the tomb Christ carried those O.T. saints into Heaven. Everyone who died after that point that was saved went straight to heaven and still does. However, the big difference is that after Revelation 4 the resurrection of the Saints of this present age of Grace as Paul calls will have their completed resurrection bodies.

I guess until folks understand what is taking place in Revelation 6-19 is all about they will never understand the Church age believers being kept from the hour or time of tribulation.

It really isn't that hard to see. After Revelation 4 and 5, we never see the mention of the church. We see 144,000 Jews converted with a great multitude of souls. We see plagues, war and devastation greater than the world has ever known.

Just like Jesus Predicted and prophesied, yet there are those who don't want to believe in a literal judgment for the world.

The time of the Redemption of all creation. First the church would go through seven phases reaching the zenith with the Laodecian the Luke Warm Church the phase which we currently live in.

Revelation 3:14-21

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

The church of today is the chruch of the rights of the People that is what Laodecia means. People everywhere are demanding their rights. The right to believe their way. they have everything and have no need to believe God or His word. Not realizing just how wanting their doctrine is. It is this phase that Christ will return and many won't even realize it because for them nothing has changed. Christ says He will spew that church out of His mouth that is He will vomit them up they make Him sick.

they turn against the truth of His word, He stands at the door knocking to come in and fellowship with them, but they are too caught up in themselves and their beliefs to even fellowship with Him and yet even in this age we have a remnant and most of us who are in that Remnant were saved during the greatest phase the church would go through the Church of Brotherly Love, the church of the Revival era. The church that received the promise of not going through the hour of Trial. We may be still at the tail end of the phase but I believe we are in that Lukewarm time of the church of the Rights of the People.

when Christ returns for the church the true believers of His church the one He said to Peter upon this rock will I build my church, many in the current Phase will be spewed out as Lukewarm because they have never received Christ by Grace through Faith.

4. OldRegular

Wonder what Jesus Christ will do about those who teach HIS Church for which HE died is simply a "parenthesis" in GOD's program for national Israel?

I have already shown that Isaac Watts whom you people touted as a dispensationalists believed as I do that GOD is finished with National Israel.

The Elect of Israel will be saved, as Paul states, just like the Elect of every ethnic or national group in the world!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that hose of us holding to pre trib Rapture views are heretics, and maybe not even saved?

6. OldRegular

You are no better at understanding posts than you are at understanding Scripture! I thought you rejected the doctrine of the "parenthesis" Church?

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I don't know what He'll do to for teaching the church as a parenthesis, I don't teach it that way. God planned for the church in Eternity past, why you continue to insist on a parenthesis church I know not.

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here is when the multitude of redeemed appear in Heaven:

Rev 7:9
    9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

And since we have "after" here, we have chronology potentially being established.

Rev. 4 is about John, period.
    To infer anything else, is to privately interpret, what is not stated, and no Scripture...you know.

9. OldRegular

Do Saints pray when they are in Heaven? These are the prayers of Saints on earth!

10. OldRegular

I don't insist on a "parenthesis" Church. It is pre-trib-"snatching"-away-of-the Church Dispensational scholars who do!

11. OldRegular

And then there ar the remarks of that falsely accused pre-trib-dispensationalist Isaac Watts:

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I never said anything about Watts other than I haven't studied much of his works, then I realized I had seen his songs. So why do you connect me with any statement on Watts?

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The prayers of the saints which had not been answered. Praying for people to be saved who hadn't, so that they will trust in Christ. With the believers in heaven our prayers for those unsaved are still there for those on earth. Thanks for seeing how our Prayers for the salvation of others are stored to be answered. Also proving that many who have heard the Gospel still have prayers going up for them in the Tribulation.

14. OldRegular

Perhaps you should write a sequel to the Left Behind series. You have a vivid imagination. But so did Darby.

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I actually have a series of books on revelation coming out.

16. OldRegular

I hope they are not the fiction you have been spreading on this BB.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Just the truth of scripture as lead by the Holy Spirit.

18. OldRegular

The Holy Spirit does not lead one into error and the Darby pre-trib-doctrine is false!

19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The Holy Spirit lead me to the Truth I have read very little of what Darby taught so I am not sure what he wrote. You claim he taught a Parenthesis church and I said post what he wrote and where he said it you haven't.

Just because you don't believe it that way doesn't mean it is in error, yours may in be in error. I know that all my sins were confessed and I was filled with the Spirit as I studied and He not you lead or any other Pastor brought me to this truth.
    I know my Dad after fervent prayer to be lead to greater truths was lead to the Pre-Trib vies. So you tell me when a Christian ask the Holy Spirit in Fervent prayer to guide him to the truth would the Spirit lead to error?

20. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was taught the pre-trib rapture but, I'm also filled with the Spirit and asked His help to understand the Scriptures and guess what I never could bring myself to believe the pre-trib view. Even though that was all I was taught I always had a check in my spirit and the more I studies the more I became convinced of the truth that the pre-trib rapture was not convinced. Would the Holy Spirit lead me astray?

This is why we have to depend on Scripture because we can all post our subjective story about how the Holy Spirit taught us something. The Holy Spirit does not teach contrary to Scripture yet here we are both claiming to be taught something different so that means we need to go back to Scripture and wrestle with that because we both can't be right. Yet both of us are convinced the Holy Spirit illuminated our belief's.