1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CITI Bank arrests customers for trying to withdraw money

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't care if this post earns me an infraction. It will neither be on topic, or very nice.

You, Sir, have made a claim that you cannot back, that has no roots in reality, and is at best a paranoid inference. I myself am in the military. Have been for four years now, will be in for at least four more, and am considering making it a career.

You have insulted me and my brothers in arms. You have insulted everything that we stand for in even being in the military. You have insulted our integrity, our loyalty, our character, and our intentions to see freedom preserved.

All of your posts have been stated with harsh words and brazen claims, with no love found anywhere in them. Even when I agree with your words, your attitude and demeanor make me ashamed that you call yourself Christian. You have openly (and repeatedly) called other posters here legalists, said that there viewpoints are directly from Satan himself, and by your demeanor have made it clear that you believe you are the mouthpiece of God Himself, and that anyone who opposes you in even the least areas have no love of God.

With this post you have posted, I can keep silent no longer. I am a Christian. I am an American. I am a Soldier. If you were to ask any one of the members of my company, we would all say that if it were called for, we would gladly lay down our lives for our country. But in one sentence, you have taken all of that, thrown it into the mud, and trampled on it.

Firstly, the very idea that troops could even be ordered to take up police actions in the US is ludicrous. I don't care what you think you know. It can't happen without a LOT of approval. Approval that would take years and years of debates and majority votes to accomplish. Second, you are automatically assuming that if the government became that corrupted that the Armed Forces would simply obey without question.

I am considering the words of your post to not only be an insult, but a personal attack on me, as you are assuming that I (along with my fellows) would ever "do the same things and worse".

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

**Standing and applauding** :applause:

Sappy - Thank you for your service to our country. My brother was also stationed in Hawaii - for 8 years - and is now 22 years in the Navy. He will be leaving for deployment next month and I thank him for HIS service as well and I ask for prayer for his safety. You men have my respect.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't know why you think what you said deserves an infraction. You have stated your case and how you view this is your choice. I believe it is going to happen. We are already seeing it in our law enforcement and many of them are ex-military.