1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Click to Pray eRosary

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Says the guy who comes from a church that believes baptism is what saves, that we must also do works to obtain salvation, that Purgatory is real, that we should pray to dead people, that Mary was somehow sinless and the list goes on and on....

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well that's them and there is nothing I can do about that.

If repeating a prayer is okay in heaven, it is just fine for us down here. We also use incense at certain times during worship, just like they do in heaven, is that somehow pagan too?

“And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.”

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All done with the authority given to it by Jesus Christ, and this is just another truth in the scriptures that you ignore. Look, your little sect never reared it's head until the 17th century and now you claim to have all the answers with the correct scriptural interpretation? I don't think so.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The American Baptist churches around these parts are all LGBTQXYZ 'friendly'. Most of their pastors do not believe in Hell and some question a physical resurrection. How biblical are those Baptist churches? The rest of the Baptists churches keep splitting and fighting among themselves. How biblical is that? Don't be a hypocrite! I WAS a Baptist and I know there are many churches doing whatever they can to try to be entertaining and 'bring em' in!' as more and more of your churches close. The Catholic Church in the world grows and grows in membership while many of your churches try whatever you can to hang on to what members you have left.

I have a WHOLE lot of examples of Baptist pastors/leaders who do not believe in the virgin birth, etc,.Baptist pastors/youth ministers in the SBC that got caught diddling children and so on. So before you keep pointing fingers you might want to think about that.

StopBaptistPredators.org

#24 Walter, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't ask ya to.

Nothing wrong with repeating a prayer if it's a PRAYER, thought over and offered up to God & not just a mindless chant one does without thinking, same as blinking or breathing. Even if one THINKS a prayer, God hears it. Nothing wrong with burning incense for whatever reason.

#25 robycop3, Dec 6, 2019
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ did not give the church authority to add to, change, or take away from Scripture.

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'Nothing wrong with repeating a prayer if it's a PRAYER, thought over and offered up to God & not just a mindless chant one does without thinking, same as blinking or breathing. Even if one THINKS a prayer, God hears it. Nothing wrong with burning incense for whatever reason'

How many times do you hear the words: 'guide and direct us' within the prayers of your Baptist church? Are they mindless chant too? I grew us in a Baptist church and everyone including the pastor included those words in every prayer I ever heard. I didn't think it was vain repetition then or now. Who are YOU to determine what is mindless and what is genuine??

#27 Walter, Dec 6, 2019