1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Clinton blames Comey for loss! Who is really to blame?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 13, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=-1509475807_htmlws-main-bb

Simple question! While Hillary doesn't want to admit the truth regarding who was really to blame for her loss, I wondered if any of you would venture to suggest who was really at fault for her loss to Trump?

Let me start this out by stating that the only person to blame for her loss was herself! She is the one who used a private server. She didn't reach out to get assistance to the Americans in Benghazi. She lied to the parents of the four murdered men in Benghazi! She lied over and over again, even after the FBI went on record and the media had the truth to compare her words against! Hillary hurt herself, and no one is to blame but Hillary Clinton!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She lost the moment she called Americans deplorable

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What she's saying is the bad news hurt and so did the good news. She just can't accept that all this is her fault. No private email server, no scandal.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Racists, white supremacists, hypocritical Christians.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes ... it is now a fact! The deplorable's beat the adorable's!

6. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would say THANK YOU Comey for an early Christmas gift then!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, her campaign died a death of a thousand cuts. If the Dems take your position, the Reps are on a winning trajectory. Instead they should be looking at why so many of the constituencies they relied on for votes stayed home or Trump was able to pick up a couple of percentage points over Romney.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

As opposed to "young black liberal boys?" Who are mrrereely reverse racists. Name your poison, son!

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Don't know how you figure that. If Christians had not been such hypocrites, many more folks could have stayed home and he still wouldn't have won.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul, so let me flip this on its head a bit. Do you see Trump as a moral and virtuous man? Certainly not a Christian. See I don't see our country healing until we have come to terms with Christ being Lord and repented of our sins......only that will heal the wounds. Micah 6:8

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The voters are to blame. :)

People didn't go for the one who said sweet things to them, and they weren't just miffed that Hillary said mean things. It wasn't just any change they wanted. They wanted the right change. They wanted survival even if it meant staying united behind a flawed candidate who wouldn't be kowtowed, because Heaven knows, that's how the other side fights.

So now we're going to hear about "dialogue" and "debate" and "the exchange of ideas," the time for all of which was over when they had the House and the Senate. They had to act. They had to get things done for the American people.

Well, now the people have spoken, and there is no denying that. Bernie would not have won against Trump. This election transcended personalities. Now those who truly represent the people of the United States have the House, the Senate and the White House. They own Washington now. And the time for dialogue and debate is over. It's time to get things done for the American people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the candidate who worked with her party's national convention to rig her primary wasn't able to energize her base during the general election? Who'd a thunk it?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why did they not select Walker, John Kasaich (spelling) or even Cruz? Why Trump (clearly flawed on so many levels). Aaron, on a clear Christian level, they could have had very moral men. Trump, not so much.
    Personally, I question his sanity! Anyway we are all going to have to wait & see & pray for this character.

14. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because an anti-career politician sentiment was running high this year. Look at the runners up, Bernie and Cruz, both running as "outsider." Then you have Clinton and Trump, entrenched pol versus true outsider.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your career Military......how do you feel about private militias?

16. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not use the word militia for something that did not have the veneer of governmental support, be it federal, state, county, municipal.

Now, if a group wants to pool resources for training and preparedness, that's their business as long as they are not breaking any laws. Calling each other colonel or general seems silly to me, though.

Our founders greatly admired a Roman named Cincinnatus, so much so that they founded an order named after him. I believe we would be better off with more Cincinnati in office, and fewer political dynasties like the Clintons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Quinctius_Cincinnatus

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump didn't win. Hillary lost. She did not have a coherent message. Her entire campaign was "I'm better than Trump."

At least Trump had a message, "Make America Great Again" and he stuck to it. There were few specifics on how he intended to accomplish that goal, but at least he had a goal that was articulable, which is more than Hillary had.

Also Hillary raised over $687 million dollars to Trumps $306 million. Clinton's funding came mostly from corporate giants and people like George Soros. Trump's funding came mostly from small individual donors, raised over the internet.

This election was a grass roots movement from beginning to end. It was the electorate's way of saying "enough is enough" to Washington DC politics as usual.

Now soon-to-be President Trump has to figure out a way to avoid becoming part of "Washington DC politics as usual." And that is going to be very hard to do.

• Like Like x 1
  18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed! Although, the media pundits would disagree, as they made it their goal to let all voters willing to listen, that Trump never had a message or substance. I always liked his message and felt between the twô Trump developed a message and built a growing narrative as he moved towards his victory.

19. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for this reasoned response, which forestalled my possibly making a less reasoned one. :)
    As long as the party losing a national election chooses to blame the "deplorables" on the other side for that loss, the losing party's future will look dim.

"Basket of Deplorables" was HRC's version of Romney's "47 percent" blunder (though his had at least a tenuous basis in fact.) Telling a quarter of the electorate that they are awful characters is not the way to win friends and influence people. Also, I wonder how much effect the announced major increases in ACA premiums had on the election.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im a big fan of the Cato Family. Cato the Elder in particular. The Donald does not share these virtues, which of course were early Roman Republic standards, not later Caesar dictator (decadent) later years....more the type we resemble.

• Like Like x 1