COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #72

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those "'s" slang words. I've heard

'slike (it's like)
    'sup (what's up?)
    'struth (it's truth or that's true)
    'sok (it's OK)

Any others?

Of course, this is not new. Remember the old song "'Swonderful, 'Smarvleous" ??

2. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Just found out that the doctor wants my wife at the hospital tonight between 10pm and midnight to start inducing labor. Thanks for your continued prayers and I will update things when I have a chance.

God bless,
    David

3. dianetavegia Guest

Will be praying for you and Scrappingmommy tonight, Bro. David! I know our daughter was induced with all 3 and it seems to take so much longer that way. :( We'll probably talk to you tomorrow night. God Bless!

Diane

4. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Diane, Rachel has been induced with our last 2 daughters and for her it really didn't take that long. With one she was induced in the morning and had her about 2:00pm that afternoon. And with our last daughter she was induced in the morning and had her about 5:00pm. But I know each one is different and we will just have to wait and see what happens.....

5. dianetavegia Guest

I sure pray it goes quickly for her Bro. David! I only had 1 painful delivery and it was LONG!

6. menageriekeeper Active Member

Congrats PSBC! Babies are sooo sweet. And it is so exciting on delivery day. (however, I'm glad we are done having babies)

Me too, Diane, Bitsy just could decide if she was coming or not. Took her dear old time with that decision, and the docs didn't want to give me anything because they thought it would slow down my labor. Then when they did decide I could have an epidural, it didn't work on one side. Hehe, I drove myself and the two oldest to the hospital(60 miles) that day in labor. :eek: Not the smartest thing I've ever done.

7. Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know you and your wife were expecting. I knew you said somewhere that you had daughters, but I didn't know another child was coming.

Is this one a girl or a boy?

Picked out any names? How about "Scarlett" if it's another girl.

My prayers are that all goes well and everyone is safe and sound and happy.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O.
    <><

8. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Scarlett,

The doctor told us he is 90% sure it is a 4th daughter. We have went with a M theme with names...we have Michaela (5), Mackenzie (almost 3), McKenna (19 months) and if this one is a girl her name will be McKylie. If it happens to be a boy his name will be Micah.

Thanks for the prayers!

9. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That is so exciting SBC! I never knew WHEN my babies were going to arrive!

We are working a few pages in Math right now, and then we will be finished with the goals for this week, so we can take tomorrow off for a field trip.

There is no public school and I have talked Shawna into doing the paper route if we're not back in time.

We are going to Springfield (30 miles each way) and visit the Capitol Museum. It has stuffed animals in their real life habitat behind glass. Even have large grizzly bears. I used to take my kids once a year.

Since Brent has always lived in Wisconsin, anyplace I take him will be new and exciting for him.

We are planning on leaving after breakfast in the morning and are planning to be back before supper.

There are a couple of other places we may go while we're down there. We so seldom get out of Lincoln...

10. padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, I didn't know about the adoption. What a wonderful, sweet and loving act - absolutely, positively, breathtaking! An extra good word for you and the Mister in my prayers tonight.

Margo - all the good men are taken. My wife got the last one.

SBC - Prayers for the Mrs. and you tonight.

11. MargoWriter New Member

Padre, oh nice. That's real encouraging . . . And as if I needed you to tell me that. Heh heh.

However, I happen to know a few good ones myself. Just not the right one for me.

12. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Popping in to say good night. Brent is SO excited about our field trip tomorrow. He asked to go to bed early.

I am going to read my library book and drift into a peaceful, cough-less night's sleep (I hope).

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue

13. Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good night, all!!

Let me sing you a little lullaby that my own dear mother used to sing to me when I was a wee child.

"I had a little monkey.
    I sent him to the country.
    I feed him on milk and bread.
    Along came a choo-choo
    and knocked him cuckoo.
    Now my little monkey's dead."

I ain't making it up, folks. She really used to sing it to me at bedtime!

Go to bed everyone!!!

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O.
    <><

14. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

I had a good night's sleep. Not sure I would have if I'd read that lullaby before going to bed!

Well, Scarlett, I guess it isn't really isn't much worse than Rockabye Baby, if you think about it... :eek:

It is 30 right now with an expected high of 52! We sure picked a good day for our little jaunt. :D

Cruising,
    §ue

15. Gib Active Member

I thought you were a little warped.

16. dianetavegia Guest

Padre, it's amazing where our blessing come from if we're just open to receiving them. Sue has custody of her 11 year old grandson and is home schooling him. Sue's a few years older than me. It's different at our ages! I'm 54 and want to be healthy and able to see our Nick raised to adulthood serving our Lord!

Remember me today. I'm SOOOOOOOO nervous about the mammogram. The Nurse Practioner found nothing but I don't 'do' doctor's well at all. Illness terrifies me. I'll probably lose a few pounds before the results are in!

Diane

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Me too Diane! My biggest concern is that I will be 68 when Brent graduates from High School and 72 when he graduates from College. I SO want to be here for him until then...

I am off to shower, and put some make-up on, so I can be beeeeeeutiful for Brent (even though he says I am ALWAYS beautiful to HIM). Sweet child!

I have no idea when we'll be back, the list of places we want to see keeps growing.

HAGD!
    §ue

18. MargoWriter New Member

I don't do doctors well either Diane. I'm the one in the waiting room twitching and trying to hold my hands steady . . . I'm thankful we have them, but I'm really not thrilled about visiting them.

19. Gayla New Member

Hello Folks!!

Gib calling someone warped, what's wrong with that picture?

Good to see a few new faces, welcome. I pop in and read just about everyday, but don't post everytime. I'm the 'wallflower' in the corner just listening.

Diane, have been praying for calmness AND good results. Hope Sue and Brent are unjoying their field trip.

Got some good news. Hubby started a new job today at a place that makes Ammo Boxes for the US Military. Told him he's still serving his country! ;) :D

20. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Hello all, just wanted to check in with everyone. We are at the hospital, and the doctor just broke my wife's water and she said she expected us to have a baby in the next 2 hours. Keep praying! Thanks all.

David