COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #75

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 23, 2005.

1. MargoWriter New Member

ROFL. In that case, I'd have to sleep in until about 2 pm, I suppose. I'm usually not in bed before 1 am.

2. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Nights are made for sleeping. I'm usually in bed by 9 or 10.

3. MargoWriter New Member

Over all, yeah. But I think God makes some of us "night owls" and others not. Just because someone works better or thinks better at night doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.

Some people have to work at night. For over 15 years my dad worked nights at the newspaper, coming home around 1 am. We wouldn't have newspapers if someone wasn't there working at night.

The natural way is for people to sleep at night and work in the day. But I don't think the occasioanal exception means something's wrong with that person.

4. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with night owls.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with morning people cause I is one.

Being a night owl doesn't make anyone more spiritual or brighter than being a morning person does...

5. MargoWriter New Member

OK, just so we got that clear. :D Heh heh.
    Sorry, I just have a beef with people who condemn those who sleep any later than 6. I guess I should have posted that in pet peeves. ROFL.

6. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I NEVER condemned anyone for sleeping in!

I just can't do it. It's not my nature.

7. MargoWriter New Member

I know. I didn't mean to indicate that you did. That's why I said i should have put it in the pet peeves, lol.

I just brought up the topic since yuou mentioned sleeping in until 6, so I thought--ah, maybe she can shed some light on this thingie.

You have confirmed in my mind that you are completely sane.

Now me, on the other hand . . .

8. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

If you think I am completely sane, then you misread me!

Although, I DO have a notarized document from a pyschologist stating that I am sane. Now how many people can say that? ;)

Actually, if I were to be normal, it would be abnormal for ME. :confused:

9. MargoWriter New Member

If you had to have a notarized document to prove it, now I'm starting to wonder. ROFL.

But I know what you mean. Much of what is termed mental illness today I belive is mere eccentricity (or in some cases sin, but that's not what I'm referring to here).

So, according to those terms, I honestly believe if every person was brought in to psychiatrist or psychologist, each person would be deemed at least somewhat mentally ill.

10. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I had to take over guardianship of both my aging parents.

I deal with Agoraphobia and the document was to let the Judge know that just because I could not travel did not mean I did not have a sound mind and could not take care of my parents properly.

I still carry that paper with me sometimes just to reassure myself that I'm OK.

11. TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not have to worry about that yet. I still have snow piles in the yard. :D

12. TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a late niter myself. I like to stay up very late and sleep in. I used to be an early riser, but when I had a midnight shift job, I changed.

13. TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday, I got my Gevalia shipment. Does anybody else order coffee from them?

14. dianetavegia Guest

I've only started sleeping later in the last few years. I like having some 'quiet' time before bed and Nick stays awake later than we do many nights. I send him to his room and then turn on MY t.v. shows. If it's something I really wanted to watch, I'll watch the west coast which means those shows start at 11:00 p.m.

I've got a teeny temperature today. Mine usually stays between 97.4 and 98.2. It's 99.4 today and I'm freezing! LOL My eyes are running like I'm crying and I can't stop sneezing either. I don't hurt as bad as I did but still a little achey.

15. MargoWriter New Member

What's Gevalia? What am I missing? ROFL.

16. MargoWriter New Member

My temp. is usually 97.3
    Give me some blankies, I'm cold!

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

My temp usually runs 97.4-97.8, but I am ALWAYS hot! I am sweating right now just from dust-mopping the floors...

18. MargoWriter New Member

Someone wake me up. Snap your fingers in my face or throw cold water on me or something. I'm about to fall sleep at my desk. :( There's nothing going on here at work. Most people have arleady gone for the weekend. Help !!! LOL

19. dianetavegia Guest

Well I took some aspirin and got it down to 99° but I'll be glad when the kids are all gone and I can lay down and rest.

20. MargoWriter New Member

Yeah! Nap time! LOL

I'm having a writers' group tonight after work, so I doubt I'll get a nap. Oh, well, I don't deserve one, having slept in late.