1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #91

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Evening Everyone. (yawn)

It's been a long couple of gray, rainy days here at the menagerie. I'm ready for some sunshine! It'd be spring here if the sun would come out. Our temps have been in the 60's for the last couple of days. Some of my neighbor's Bradford pear trees have huge buds that look like they could blossom any day. It's too early though.

Sue, I got Son(Chris) up and moving yesterday and the migraine settled down and was pretty much gone by late afternoon. I let him sleep this morning since last night would have been his first painfree/sickfree sleep in two weeks. He woke up fine and even cooked us all breakfast(pancakes, sausage and eggs). Then I let him go to a neighbors to play video games. He came back home with a migraine. The obvious trigger is the video game. After I thought about it, I realized that last weeks migraine began after he had played this same video game. He won't be playing it again, and even he agrees.

For those who may not know this already, video games and certain cartoons(mostly Asian) can cause seizures even in people who've never had them as well as triggering migraines. We have several titles in the house that I personally can't watch because I get a headache(although not a migraine). These things don't happen a whole lot but enough that most video games carry warnings.

I'm tired. I made the mistake of walking upstairs to the kids rooms and making a clean spot. It looked so odd that I just had to clean the rest. I knew better than go upstairs!

T is not happy with me tonight! :D I told him the Steelers were going to beat Denver. Then I told him that Seattle was going to beat Carolina. Looks like I was right on both counts! Poor T. ;) :D :cool:

Standing Firm, you better go in and out by the front door!

Good night Pappy!

Sue, are you feeling better today?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Pappy!

It's still raining here. (8:14 PM) I know where Winnsboro is, I have even been there several years ago.

I am in the Monroe "area". I work in Ouachita Parish, but I live in another parish. We are supposed to get rain like this for SEVERAL more days.

And it's a freezing rain, in my opinion!

Find your umbrella.

Peace-
    S.O.
    <><

3. standingfirminChrist

Don't want mk mad at me...

here's one for you, Sister.

[​IMG]

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Evening everyone,

Ron, keep your feet dry. :cool:

Jim, I think I'll take the rain. [​IMG]

Shane, sorry I missed you. :(

Cindi, my youngest son has epilepsy and even back when they had Atari, there were some games he couldn't play. And yes, thank you, I am feeling much better! [​IMG]

Scarlett, I'm taking it that LA has parishes instead of counties? When I hear 'parish' I think of the RCC. :eek:

Preacher, lay off the chocolate! :D

We will be relocating to a new Coffee House tomorrow. [​IMG]

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue [​IMG]

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guessed correctly, Sue.

Louisiana has "parishes" and some other state has "burroughs". I think it is Alaska, but don't quote me on it.

There may be one other state that is also different, but I can't remember.

6. standingfirminChrist

New York has burroughs, Scarlett. Ya weren't too far ooff.

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Thanks for the chocolate Standing Firm! I'll take Preacher's piece too since Sue told him he didn't need it. ;)

Barnabas, heading that way now.

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We have once again outgrown our facilities.

Please join us at COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #92.

Thanks,
    §ue [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.