1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Concert for Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post was on my facebook tonight

So this Sandy Relief concert, which I am NOT watching is disgusting at best. These overpaid, top1%ers should donate $ instead of time, brainwashing people into feeling good about a cause. FEMA and insurance companies should be helping these people. All you donating ,are removing heat from the govt . I want the people to be angry, but by bailing them out, they won't be and they will surely forget how the govt left them stranded, again. Looking forward to all the arrests and lawsuits bound to happen for the mishandling of $ YOU sent in.

Thoughts?

extra points if you can guess who the individual supported for POTUS

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Eric Clapton is still "Great" !

3. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Also enjoyed Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen. I see that Governor Chris Christie was there -- guess he's a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen.

4. sdcoyote

sdcoyote Member

Didn't watch because gospel bluegrass was not represented ;).

Still, don't see anything wrong with sending a few bucks to help folks.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

FEMA has helped (hubby is actually having lunch today with a guy who's apartment was destroyed and he's been in the hotel where we have church - paid by FEMA) as has insurance companies (again, at the hotel where we have church, there are a TON of insurance guys - I say it looks like a ladder convention when you look at the parking lot). But what they give you still doesn't fully cover the costs that it will take to deal with the aftermath and rebuild. In many cases, people had flood insurance but it wasn't enough. Interestingly, if you didn't have flood insurance, you got more money from FEMA than your neighbors did with their insurance.

But I think it's great that they did the concert. I just hope all of the money really does go to the people who need it.