1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Conspiracy Theorist lobby state to monitor military training exercise

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Use of Time, Apr 30, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm not as sure as you are, but I appreciate your concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that Conservatives in Texas are mad that the Governor bowed to these nuts. Training our nations elite Soldiers is not an issue you should be having with Obama.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He shouldn't act like a King either.....but.....

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope that no one on BB is telling unsaved family members and friends that the ridiculous theories flying around this military exercise are true. If so, you might as well forget about ever witnessing to these same people. Your witness is ruined.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It seems a lot of people here have adopted the Texas Guard story as their very own conspiracy theory..
    Your voice of reason is not something they will readily tolerate.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Call me crazy but I support our nations elite fighting forces getting good realistic training. Train like you fight. I'm sure you've heard that before. I live in Virginia Beach and there are people that complain about the constant jet noise. I've grown up around the sound of F-14's and F-18's buzzing around at night and I find it kind of soothing in a weird way. My Governor doesn't bow to the these whiners and I respect that.

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because of...let me guess...transparency issues?

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strawman. Try rereading the thread. It's not the guard I have a problem with. It's that your Governor folded to conspiracy nuts about our Nation's military being some sort of threat. Are you going liberal on us or or what?

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You people on BB that live in the states (or know about the terrain) where this exercise will take place, what foreign country most closely resembles it? In other words, what country would the military be training for?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You just proved it's not a straw man. The governors of Texas have had the state guard monitor these exercises for years.

I knew you wouldn't like the truth Tcassidy posted. Ruins your conspiracy theory.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They've got bigger problems on their hands in Texas. Just wait until they discover that little base called Fort Hood. Watch out 1st CAV! They are on to you.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You're not crazy, but you lie a lot. When you say something like this, it just has to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially considering the fact you're a leftist.

#32 carpro, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, reread the thread and see that I've already acknowledged TCassidy.

For the third time in this thread now I will state yet again, it's not the monitoring of the Guard that is the issue. It's the fact that he decided to placate an audience of conspiracy theory nuts. Also, there has been a training exercise for 15 years called Jade Helm but the training methods and operations are not the same. This one has a broader scope and utilizes different areas which have obviously alarmed residents hence the reason this particular operation is getting the media attention the previous iterations did not.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And for the third time, I will tell you the governor didn't have to be talked into anything. It's routine and has been for 15 years. Contending he was is your own conspiracy theory.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jade Helm 15 is a planned United States military training exercise that is scheduled to take place over multiple states in the US from July 15 through September 15, 2015. It will involve U.S. Army Special Operations Command (SOC) with other U.S Armed Forces units in a multi-state exercise that includes Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado.[1] The SOC claimed, "the size and scope of Jade Helm sets this one apart" from previous training exercises.[2]

Please show me where the Texas Governor has ever made a public statement for the previous incarnations of this exercise in the face of national backlash from the wackos. I tried and can't find any mention of them. Somebody help me. Again, placating not monitoring is the issue here. Although even that is an odd thing that Texas seems to feel obligated to do for some reason.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm...

Abbott, a Republican, said in a letter to Maj. Gen. Gerald “Jake” Betty that he wants monitoring of Operation Jade Helm 15 “to address concerns of Texas citizens and to ensure that Texas communities remain safe, secure and informed occurring in their vicinity.” It marks *the first time* that a state governor has *responded to outrage* from those who fear the training exercise isn’t what the military promises.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-to-monitor-militarys-operation-jade-helm-15/

*In the wake of intense vocal opposition* to a series of military exercises planned for this summer in Texas, Gov. Greg Abbott has instructed the Texas State Guard to monitor the operation dubbed Jade Helm 15.

http://m.statesman.com/news/news/lo...ts-texas-state-guard-to-monitor-jade-h/nk5DP/

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Those words are the interpretation of the reporters. Show me in Abbott's own words that the only reason he has ordered the state guard to monitor those exercises is to address the concerns of conspiracy theorists.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. Read the letter he wrote to General Jake Betty, commander of the Texas State Guard asking him to keep a watch on Jade Helm 15.

First six words are, "To address concerns of Texas citizens"...

There is a link to the pdf of the letter in the 2nd paragraph of this story. Plain as day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-to-monitor-militarys-operation-jade-helm-15/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#38 InTheLight, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you think there is something wrong with the governor addressing the concerns of his citizen as he stated? Especially considering the fact He took no action that hasn't been taken for the last 15 years.

#39 carpro, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know. That is why I said these training exercises have been going on for years. Decades even.

If the 2015 exercise is Obama trying to mastermind a coup, does that mean that the exercise in 2005 was George Bush trying to mastermind a coup?

<roll eyes>