1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Convicted Killer suffers During Execution....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Justice was delivered. He was executed and he did not suffer.

End of story.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

When Jesus summed up the commandments He said 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

You can ALWAYS tell whether obedience is out of love for Jesus or something else based upon the display of love for others involved.

No love for others displayed, then it's because you aren't really displaying a love for Christ.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me ask on question?

Are you debating the subject or impugning spirituality of thos brother? There is a difference between the two! :thumbs:

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm biased, and I don't have a murdered family member!

Murder is a senseless act. It takes a loved one out of this life, needlessly, and robs the family and friends of that person's contributions and fellowship for a lifetime! When a person is dead, they are dead. They no onger exist, and if someone causes a nother to cease existing by an act of evil, they should face the same. The right to suck air on this green earth should be revoked!

The following link shows how much a taxpayer in California pays to house an inmate for one year, and this is old, from 2008-09. It is mind blowing!

http://www.lao.ca.gov/PolicyAreas/CJ/6_cj_inmatecost

We have nearly 750 inmates on death row alone, and that cost is a lot more than a general population inmate! The following link shows you how many our on death row nation-wide. Like the above link, this is mind blowing! http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row-inmates-state-and-size-death-row-year

It is time to "thin the herd!" And enough worrying about it being humane. These people didn't care about the life they took, and how many of those murdered were inhumanely murdered?

I am hearing all the time that this is not a Christian nation! So, what is keeping us from acting like a nonChristian nation? You can't have it both ways, folks. And if America is okay with Americans to end the life of an unborn baby, some 55,000,000, or 850,000 per year since 1973, what is wrong with exectuing an evil person"

Link on abortion: http://masscitizensforlife.org/beginning-end-of-life/abortion/abortion-statistics/

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we love the convicted murderer more than we love others?

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it was directed. Didn't you read the verses I posted from Numbers? Once again, Jesus said He did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. What the Law could not do was to satisfy God. Jesus did that on Calvary.

What about the rest of the Law as it directs our moral compass? Paul wrote:

Romans 7:7 NAS77
    7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

The Law also said "Thou shall not murder" and prescribed the penalty for committing such a crime. I'm still looking for the verse that says, "Thou shall not punish criminals." If that is a NT command you would think it would be clearly stated and not drawn by inference.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here is an interesting thought: my jr high math teacher objected to the death penalty on the grounds that it gave the government power to take life. He told me that while he believed that convicted killers DESERVED to get executed, he didn't trust our government to stop at convicted killers....he thought that maybe the government would kill US Citizens for other reasons. A weird view.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't find it a weird view at all. There are some that would say child offenders and serial criminals/lifers should also get the death penalty.

I started a thread a couple weeks ago in the theology section on blood guilt and inadvertently ran into a verse that talked about executioners carrying out the death penalty not being guilty of it. If one wants to use NT "love" to take away what they want from the OT, you pretty much just wipe out the OT. Why bother having it? How are you choosing what to keep and not?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Very interesting indeed. Because now there's a vein of thought that believes that's why a "home" military presence is being developed .

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That was directed to the Jews about their culture and it was once again a direct directive from God about a specific situation. Post Cross, HE didn't do that.

11. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's for you to prove.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No it ain't. It's for you to take to the throne of God because as you may have noticed, me just telling ya don't mean a thing when folks have gotten set in their ways because of politics.

If folks in the Body of Christ want to continue this hypocritical charade of we care about life BUT...then keep at it. God's judgment will continue.

This continues to be so simple that a babe can understand it, but it stumps folks who are blinded by politics.

Those saved have had their eternal lives spared by His mercy. Our default should ALWAYS be mercy when it comes to life.

But I say again, how far we have fallen. We have forgotten our first love. We have forgotten that once we were the lepers sentenced to death. We forgot that once we begged God for mercy and HE granted it.

But we now have the audacity to show none for the person whose life may be taken by an anti-God, anti-Christ government?

Again, it's the same government that murders babies.
    It's the same government that doesn't want God's word displayed.
    It's the same government that's redefining marriage

But that government is suddenly right about THIS? Nothing but politics because a child could see the foolishness of such a position.

After the ultimate mercy was demonstrated on the Cross, every Christian thereafter should have "gotten" it. Instead, the church is becoming nastier and meaner. Sad.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Is it not mercy to not allow a murderer to continue his/her wicked ways? When a person struggles so violently with sin that they rip apart other humans and live with thoughts of performing evil on others, is it merciful to continue their life? Is life in prison, surrounded by other like-minded people, an act of mercy for anyone?

14. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep repeating this theme but have yet to share one shred of evidence, one verse of Scripture nor a single opinion but your own. It doesn't become true due to sheer repetition.

If I followed your thinking I can have other gods as long as I do it in love. I can take the Lord's name in vain as long as I do it in love. I can lovingly work on the Sabbath, dishonor my parents in love; murder, steal, lie, covet and commit adultery with great love.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is it merciful for God to allow you to continue to live for haven broken the same law? You commit sin EVERY DAY, EVERY HOUR that makes you worthy of God's eternal damnation because it's unholy and wicked.

Do you struggle with sin? Do you deserve God's mercy?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And all you've done is repeat the same mote absent of any love position of a political party.

Your evidence for it is refuted by that big ole Cross.

If I followed your thinking I can have other gods as long as I do it in love.

Umm, that's apparently YOUR thinking because it's nothing I've said. The Greatest Commandments speak to love. They don't speak to taking lives. The Cross speaks to love and mercy. It doesn't speak to men equally guilty of breaking the law taking the life of another who has broken the same law.

You can do it if you like. But as I've said, Godly love will treat your neighbor as yourself.

So if you're all for you getting the same punishment for breaking the same law, then you've got a leg to stand on.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That is spiritual life, and is afforded to whom? For what is against G-d, a way has been given. For sins committed against other humans, we are still told to we are to pay for those, here on earth.

18. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words you do not have an answer. When God prescribed the punishment for murder in the Law was it absent love?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know the essence of being Christ's Ambassadors here on this earth in the flesh demands that we respond with the spiritual to what everyone else responds to in the flesh.

So yes, sinful man has a price to be paid in the flesh. But it is incumbent for the CHRISTIAN to respond in the SPIRIT as Christ would.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In other words, you ignore that big ole Cross so ain't much else to be said.

When Jesus completed the Law on the Cross was He prescribing the punishment for murder or giving us a recipe for love?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.