1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cops need a national day off!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Where you say nothing stands between you and I and criminals except cops, I say it should not be so.
    They help in extreme cases, but the brunt of responsibility should remain on citizens.
    How?
    Raise kids right and let others help. People don't raise kids anymore - they pay others to do it from babysitters to daycares to pre-schools to public schools and before and after school programs to Sunday school. No wonder they seem fulfillment from gangs, drugs, and obtaining material goods!

Be involved in your own community. Don't let crime get a foothold.

Quit being so dependent on the government. You don't need to call an armed officer over to let a neighbor know a loud stereo is bothering you. Use your words, interact, try to remain friendly. If you suspect a child may not have adequate clothes, why are you calling social services instead of seeing if you can help? Interaction with others is how communities grow safe and strong. Don't call a lawyer if your neighbor gets after your kid - thank the neighbor for correcting your child's bad behavior.

That is how respect happens. Decent people live decent lives and help their neighbors do the same.

It goes so much further, thanks to neglecting common sense for so long.

A nation that doesn't value life can't expect citizens that respect life.
    A nation that says people have a right to free stuff without earning it cannot expect citizens that respect property.
    A nation that says children aren't worth taking the time to raise cannot expect those kids to become citizens who respect themselves.

It all needs fixed, but in the meantime, those citizens who grew up raised by others, not learning respect for others, for property, or for themselves, are not a small number. They are our neighbors, mail carriers, teachers, taxi can drivers, and others, and that includes police officers.

The issue is complex and no, it cannot be changed quickly, but positive change usually does start with those held to a higher standard. That is why I am so strongly in favor of retraining police officers. Give people examples of respectable persons that they can look up to. Heroes are seen as such because they go above and beyond - allow them to be heroes! Don't hold them back by allowing them to be weak in character and allowing their biggest weapon to be their gun. Give them the knowledge they need and deserve to keep themselves and others safe while saving the favorite method of cowards for times of true need.

I think I just used a lot more words than I intended. LOL Yikes!

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said a mouthful, and I agree with it all. As for getting involved. I am an advocate for being in your Neighborhood watch program. It helped our cul de sac remain safe when everyone was involved. The problem was, over time renters and Section 8 renters moved in homes that older neighbors sold, and it came down to the last few trying to carry the load the new folks refused to help with. Probably because the new neighbors had no respect for the rights and property of their neighbors, because as you so well said, these were the entitled generation, living off all the handouts Obama has made readily available.

God bless you Gina.