1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CORONAVIRUS Cure?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes there are many patients who use it for long period of time without any issues.

Ignore my advice if you want. But if anyone out there reads this and is thinking of starting hydrocychloroquine on your own for Covid19, please see a doctor and get an ECG done first.

Ventricular Arrhythmia Risk Due to Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin Treatment For COVID-19 - American College of Cardiology

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Uh, yeah, way to suggest people take it on their own with out a doctor. You're even more reckless then the fake news media. You really should stop talking.

3. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have no problem with trump being enthusiastic about HCQ. I also applaud letting doctors use it on patients based on clinical judgement with as few restrictions as possible.

And if he said that he is excited about HCQ and encouraged people to see their doctor about whether it is suitable for them, that would be great advice. He is going beyond that with his words and people are going to misinterpret them.

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

Actually, the only one talking about taking it without a doctor is you. I just hope no one believers you that that's even an option. It's reckless nonsense that shouldn't be mentioned.

5. Calminian

Site Supporter

Laura Ingraham also blowing this phony story out of the water regarding the dangers of HCQ side effects. Just amazing the disinformation campaign that's being waged by the MSM and our resident "expert."

Start watching at 23:30:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a lot of time to be online for a doctor, especially during these times, may I ask if you are retired or what is your story?

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. Yes I am spending too much time here.

2. the NBA is shut down which normally takes up my free time.

3. Even with telehealth where we are doing most of our consults over the phone/internet, folks across the country are not seeing their doctors. Our health minister made an appeal this week for the public to see their doctors out of concern folks are not getting the medical help they need because they are afraid of getting coronavirus. I also think it is because people are isolating themselves and not getting sick or hurt. So work has been slow if you are not in the hospitals.

9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007016

A well written NEJM published paper about Remdesivir use in severe covid19 cases. The caveats are that it is not a randomized control trial with no control group, is a fairly small study, there were some serious adverse events in some patients and was sponsored by its manufacturer. They acknowledge these weaknesses and the need for more definitive results from trials that are currently underway globally.

The findings
    61 patients around the world, all with severe covid19 needing breathing support except 2, 30 on ventilators and 4 on ECMO (heart-lung bypass). 8 patients were excluded from results (this is a common thing in studies, usually because the patient is lost to follow up meaning they stopped communicating with the researchers).

36 of the remaining 53 improved with 17 extubated, 3 of the 4 off ECMO and 25 discharged. 7 died, only one patient that was not previously intubated at the start and they were also the only nonintubated patient that was later intubated.

Some promising results that will hopefully get the FDA to open up approval to wider use. And the big control studies with remdesivir are already under way since anecdotally it has been one of the more promising treatment options, particularly in severe disease.

View attachment 3744

11. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The common drug Ivermectin needs to have human trials. In Vitro Ivermectin destroys the virus in 48 hours, a 5000 fold reduction in viral numbers.

Ivermectin is already approved for human use, so right now it would be off label emergency use.

If I was dying of covid-19, I would want things like Chloroquine, Remdesivir, Ivermectin trialed on me.

The right to try law was passed in 2018, so you have the right to use drugs when there is no approved treatment.
    Right to Try

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somehow I don’t think the dems have the answer......

F5AE4162-5461-4793-8C1A-C92F7E6D4F6F.jpeg 05E00339-76C3-4361-B2AE-414066891742.jpeg BE99504A-5DD6-4164-9EE9-57182699B5BD.jpeg

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had my choice I would go for the plasma first, hoping for a boost, and then the HCQ with zinc but I'm really hoping for some solid - test proven positive therapeutics to come out soon. Looking at the numbers I'm afraid that the prediction of 60,000 deaths may be overly optimistic. We need a quality therapeutic and we need to run with it!

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

I'm actually wary of the vaccine. If they rush it, it could potentially be dangerous. Seems there are much better options coming around the pike.

15. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sad, but the FDA - CDC does not want doctors using Chloroquine on patients until they are almost dead.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/doctors-pols-urge-use-of-miracle-coronavirus-drug-cocktail/

But they are getting pressured to change this. But it is too little too late for those who died. Even though they know it helps, in an interview with CDC head on CNN, he was asked would he advise sick patients to ask for Chloroquine, and that guy smirkly stated with a wry smile no, he would wait for the science. Of course he is not sick and dying either.

Although hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, the Federal Drug Administration has only approved it for treatment of COVID-19 in advanced cases of the virus and by the time patients have to rely on ventilators. Pharmacists in New York state are only allowed to fill prescriptions for the FDA-approved uses of the drug.

IMO, they are doing what they can to make it a failure to the at large public audience.

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a very misleading article and void of facts. The FDA has approved the drug for off-label use and it is only a few governors that have issued executive orders for it to only be used as a last resort and have attempted to get in-between a doctor and a patients right to try.

17. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EXCLUSIVE: South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem on Monday announced a statewide clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine for the possible treatment of COVID-19, making her state the first in the country to institute a program exploring the potential effectiveness of the drug in treating and preventing coronavirus.

South Dakota implements statewide hydroxychloroquine clinical trial for potential coronavirus treatment
    Only now after all this time discussing Chloroquine, her state is the first that is going to do a study, something seems wrong with that if true.

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Phoenix a man who was put on a ventilator but going down fast was then transferred to John C Lincoln medical center were he was put on a rare out of the box ECMO treatment where this machine takes out your blood and pumps it full of oxygen and puts it back into the body. It took him 10 days to defeat the virus but he stayed alive and was just released form the hospital. He is the first COVID-19 patient to have been put on this in AZ and one of the first in the world. There are other ECMO treatment centers around AZ and the country and the doctors are training others in their success.

19. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t worry, sarc, they are probably using it already doing their ‘clinical’ trials on the poor & unsuspecting in some hidden corner of the world, because those lives are only valuable for the betterment of the power hungry who would like to control the world. Gates wants mandatory vaccines for the world, with tracking capability & is ready to be the vaccine God.
    I wouldn’t take his vaccine.

Gates’ Globalist Vaccine Agenda: A Win-Win for Pharma and Mandatory Vaccination • Children's Health Defense

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    SIX HOUR WARNING:
    This thread shall be closed no sooner than 4 pm (ET) / 1 PM Pacific time - today