1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Counter-protestors Mockingly Reenact George Floyd Murder

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 10, 2020.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe all Minneapolis police officers are required to wear body cams. Just because they haven't been shown to us doesn't mean those recording don't exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very little of this post was an apology. That whole "last word" thing never dies.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My post to another member wasn’t good enough for you? I’m terribly sorry, please tell me how I can make this right.

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've yet to see a gracious apology from a leftist. There is always a "passionate" narrative that must be pushed. Someday I hope the Lord reveals to you this truth. Hatred is just as much a passion as Love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not a leftist. You guys are obsessed with them.

6. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 7:16

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right back at ya. Matthew 7:16 wasn’t talking about the fruits of the Republican Party.

8. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you on vacation or are my tax dollars paying for this version of work at home?

9. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm still confused about what happened. It does seem offensive, I'm just want the context. Did the counter-group have a point to the reenactment? Was it a black man on the ground? White man?

Do you have any statements from those doing it?

I certainly could have just been some agitators trying to offend, I'd just like some more details. Was it an attempt to make a point that went awry? Or just some bad guys?

#69 Calminian, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  10. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The link has a short video at the top. The reenactors are all white, including the one face down. Their message is something like, “Comply with the cops. This is what happens when you don’t comply.”

Obviously, no one dies in their reenactment, nor should anyone assume they mean death is what happens. Rather, they are demonstrating that you will be forced face down. But in the wake of Floyd’s death, will any protestor take it at face value?

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yeah, looks to me like some poor messaging, though if that's the message I agree. The truth is, it's almost impossible to be hurt by police if you comply with them. Even the vast few bad apples out there won't hurt you.

That said, we're in a battle for truth. I'm for smart messaging. This one was fodder for the other side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, over and over the point is that you are obsessed with them, eat, drink, and breathe in everything they feed you. The lesson to be learned is that not only are your sources not infallible, they are intentionally skewed to promote an agenda. It would be good to be skeptical, if you were skeptical about how the MSM controls the messaging. But you give the impression of being well beyond that, indoctrinated past the point of no return. However, “hope springs eternal.”

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, the main stream media evasion. A classic. I was expecting something about Soros.

14. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you listen carefully in the long version I found they say "Black lives matter to no one." They seem to be clearly offensive and racist.

15. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe this question was too hard.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe it’s none of your business. Troll somewhere else. I’m not working.

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there is a point in the CNN composition where someone off camera says that, and it very well may have been an ”All Lives Matter” protestor, but excuse me if I need real verification. Maybe you can post a trustworthy version that acutally shows this? What I did hear and see them say was “All lives matter,” and “Blue lives matter.”

Black Lives Matter folk say, “All lives don’t matter until black lives matter.” That can be taken the wrong way. Those saying, “All lives matter,” include police lives.

Saying, “Black lives matter to no one,” does not fit the premise of “all.” Also, it would be terrible, because they do matter to a great many people, just not to many blacks, including ones active in these “George Floyd” protests, which is why the BLM movement is such a sham, clearly offensive and racist. However, it's not a good idea to counter that with the same sort of thing.

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

Oh, that's different. Didn't catch that.

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

Perhaps a hoax? Someone not part of the group yelling it? We do have an epidemic of those.

20. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh, no problem. This CNN video uses footage from the All Lives Matter counter-protestors. Halfway through you hear "Black Lives Matter to No One." He sounds very close to the phone, may be the one holding it, but can't be 100%. Given how far away the protesters are, it sounds like it has to be from the counter-protestors.

As for these guys counter-protesting, you have to be quick to rebuke people who can make your group, Republicans, look like utterly tone deaf monsters. I'm populist but I tend to vote Republican a lot, so if they make me look like a monster, I am going to kick their behinds till the cows come home. I am openly critical of President Trump's screw ups too. The cause for the unborn and others demands it.