1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Counter-protestors Mockingly Reenact George Floyd Murder

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are left of leftist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least they are not burning, looting, or rioting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but if BLM can stand up against looters and arsonists in its ranks, as some did in emotional scenes on tv, then conservatives and their allies need to do so even more to worst kind of fools in ours.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s possible either way. The frustration level is obviously high on all sides regardless.

As you said, what they did say and do is already bad enough for the situation we’re in. They’re not wrong that all lives matter, or that blue lives matter. They’re just not going to be heard. And with their demo, they’re just making sure they won’t be, or for that matter anyone else who believes lives matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that’s the CNN clip I’ve seen and heard, and perhaps it’s legit, but they give me no reason to trust their splicing. Do you have the raw footage of the tape they used? Better would be to see a clip showing them actually saying it. But it was a very bad move even without that.

I understand about the 'looks bad' issue. I’m not a Republican or even a Trump fan. I was only going by the signs of the times when I voted for him. He hasn’t done everything I’d hoped. And the viciousness and utter hatred of those who oppose him has been far greater than I’d expected.

However, Trump’s stamina not only in working to fulfill promises but in standing against the demonic onslaught has my admiration, even if he’s not a role model in every way. When I compare him to those who oppose him, Trump towers over them (pun intended :Wink).

6. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I understand. I tried finding the original videos. They are probably on multiple social media accounts and have to be combined. We seem to be on the same page, so it doesn't matter much.

TBH I was livid at my choices in 2016. I supported other Rep candidates in the primary. I couldn't believe my bad fortune, Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton. Gag me.

I skipped President and didn't bubble it in, but voted Rep in pretty much everything else. I feel much the same again. I need to make a criticism of President Trump thread that doesn't go looney.

At this point the President gets my vote over abortion alone, but if he keeps handling crises like he has, by having a tone deaf gaf everyday instead of every week, I will skip the bubble again. Even if he wins my causes will be too wedded to his increasingly unpopular image that it could hurt my causes in the long run.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mmmkay.

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I hear what you’re saying, but that’s not even a fairly close comparison. If we want to characterize, then these guys were on private property in their own neighborhood, just shouting out their message to those essentially invading it. They were menacing no one.

BLM is massively out of control and not policing its ranks, or rather they are in control and are actively anti-policing their ranks, and they have a much, much worse message and agenda. A couple of counter examples in the midst of anarchy and chaos is just “the exception that proves the rule.”

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many conservatives do you see aligning with them? Some people are best left alone and ignored. Dont give them 15 minutes of fame.

Blm is marching with the thieves and looters. They are in cooperatiin.

10. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with this sentiment. I made a mistake. I'll be more careful in the future about giving fool's air time and 15 minutes of fame.

• Like Like x 1
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Things are not always what they appear to be. "Pigs in a blanket. Fry 'em like bacon!"

• Informative Informative x 1