Cracker Barrel Fires 73-Year-Old Veteran Who Gave Food To 'Needy' Man

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not disagreed with that stance. He should have bought the muffin and given it to the man. Of course, that might also be against corporate policy.

It was wrong in that it was against corporate policy.

So I ask you as I have asked others, but have not received an answer, do you believe the corporate policy is a moral policy?

It is a simple question to answer, at least it should be but apparently is not as others have either remained silent or tried to divert it through misdirection or insults.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I contend that corporations cannot be held to Bible morality or my interpretation of it.

That is purely a judgement call and even if it is not 'moral' it would not give anyone the right or responsibility to steal from them.

Corporations are not morally obligated to do my job of charitable giving. That is my responsibility.

3. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for answering the question. I respectfully disagree.

I do agree it is a judgement call.

I would say that corporations are morally obligated as it is individuals who are making the decisions on corporate polity and individuals are responsible before God for their decisions in all areas of life.

You are right their decision does not negate our responsibilities on giving to others. That is correct.

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why didn't the street person go to Starbucks where the liberals are?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But how does one hold corporations to our perceptions of Biblical standards?

So if a corporation, for example, is openly supporting sinful actions and lifestyle by using their profits to support organisation promoting those lifestyles do I have a responsibility to oppose them?

Be the way, in the source article it was stated that part of the problem was that the employee was also consuming food. Would that be an immoral policy?

6. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben and Jerry's is another liberal establishment that would help street people. We don't have Cracker Barrel here but we do have a hanging judge that would have fed the "hungry" street person for 30 days. There must be more liberal restaurants that would help. It is just mean Republicans that make people go to rescue missions and rehab and get back on their meds. It is surprising that the Democrats still have homeless around since I thought that Reagan caused most of them.

7. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that would be an excellent topic in a new thread, a most interesting topic.

Yes, I believe people have a responsibility to oppose them. That also would be a most interesting topic for a thread.

8. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I not see you post that corporations are not individuals for the purposes of political speech and donations?

9. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic. Please do not try to derail the thread.

Do you believe CB's corporate policy is a moral policy?

10. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Actually it is on topic. The reason is that if my memory serves me correct that your position on this coporate policy is inconsistent, contraditory, but moe importantly hypocritical.

So, are you willing to answer my question?

As far as your question the answer is there is not enough details of the situation for me to answer it. I will say it is not automatically a problem.

11. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please don't feed the commie.

12. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe a corporation is an individual. I believe people are individuals.

Individuals are responsible for their decisions in all areas of life, including the decisions on making corporate policy. If corporate policy is immoral then those people who made that decision made, IMHO, an immoral decision. Just like a church, if the members of a Baptist church vote to adopt an immoral policy then those who voted for that policy made an immoral decision.

Do you agree?

13. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please answer my earlier question. And I will add another, do you believe Hobby Lobby should have to go against their conscience in the obamacare mandate?

14. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Normally I would agree but he has backed himself into another corner.

15. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cracker Barrel will be closing if Obama shuts down the electric plants that he wants to as Obama will put us into a depression.

Rev. Mitchell, what is surprising politically about this thread is that the Democrats are raising the issue of homelessness with a Democrat President in power. The Democrats blame the Republicans for the alcoholics, drug addicts, and mentally ill who are over 90% of the homeless. Usually, this issue is only mentioned when there is a Republican President. Here we have the Democrats blaming Obama.

Notice that the concern is not for the poor in the ditch but how to get more money out of the middle class. The county judges in this county do not tolerate trespassing and panhandling. Indianapolis gets hundreds of homeless with the Indy 500 every May because there are a lot of drunken parties on 16th Street by the Speedway. Alcoholics like free booze.

Me, I follow the Baptist Manual and only go into liquor stores to get empty boxes.

16. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I believe I answered your questions and will not answer more until you answer mine. This is a practice of yours and some others on the BB, to refuse to answer questions while asking additional questions when previous ones are answered. So please answer my question; Is CB's corporate police a morally acceptable policy? Thanks.

17. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a practice of yours. You corner yourself with your inconsistent positions, someone picks up on it, and you refuse to answer questions about it. Then you deflect and divert to further avoid answering to it.

Fact is you are busted. Politically you do not want corps to be considered individuals. However, when you think you can condemn a corp then all of the sudden they are made up of individuals. If corps are made up of individuals then they should also be able to donate as much money to political campaigns as they want without laws interferring with that.

Hyportical.

18. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what Koblenzer said in an interview with Fox News.

19. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Koblenzer should have toed the line.

20. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The media is making a big deal out of the fact that he is a veteran.

Did he not learn in the military to "obey the orders of the officers over me"?

If you want to change the policy - open up your own store and YOU set the policy as YOU see fit.