1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Creating Your Own God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God Van. That means no milk or meat.
    The unregenerate do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit therefore they have no 'spiritual ability.' That's oxymoronic. Since they do not have the Holy Spirit they do not have your made-up doctrine of 'spiritual ability' limited or otherwise.
    New Agers speak of 'spirituality' a great deal of the time. But that has no reference to the Holy Spirit. No one can be ''spiritual' without the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 2:14 folks have no spirituality whatsoever. They cannot understand the things of the Spirit. These unregenerate people regard things of the Spirit as foolishness. These folks are perishing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    You quoted nothing from me and yet you make up a post with no reference to what I said.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he was speaking the truth. You need to study the Scriptures Van, and not your convoluted interpretations.

Lost sinners can not receive in and of themselves any spiritual truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Cor. 2:14 does not say "spiritual solid food things.' It says the unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God.
    Get biblical Van.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets say a person adds to scripture. Will they say they added? Nope.

When shown where they added, will they say oops, I see what you mean? Nope, they will say what evidence, you provided no evidence.

The Expanders have a mantra, I found this doctrine in scripture all by myself. It was there before Calvin, and so forth and so on.

1) Scripture, Christ died as a ransom for all. Calvinism, Christ died as a ransom for all sorts of people.

2) Scripture, Christ became the propitiation for the whole world. Calvinism, Christ became the propitiation for the whole elect world.

3) Scripture, no one seeks God. Calvinism, no one seeks God at any time.

Theology 101 says stick with what scripture says, not what it might possibly allow.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the tactics of false teachers is to make claims not based on specific statements contextually considered, but on undefined statements. For example, say I claim God put invisible pink elephants in orbit around Mars. You say show me the evidence.

I say "all things are possible with God." Then I attack, by saying by your denial that God did not put them in orbit, you are diminishing the divine attributes of God, and you deny God is sovereign and does as He pleases.

Take, "No one seeks after God." Does this mean no one ever, at any time, while unregenerate seeks God? Nope. But if you offer a more limited meaning, based on context, then the false teaches say you are adding to scripture. Never mind they did, claiming their interpretation is what it says, and any other view adds to scripture.

What is a way of finding the intended scope of "open ended" statements, rather than claiming everything imaginable is intended?

Ask the question, What is the least that God could be stating. No one seeks God some of the time or at any time? Some of the time. The context of Romans 3 indicates the idea is when a person is sinning, they are not seeking God. Thus Paul uses the fact that we do not seek God all of the time to prove we are all under sin.

There are many examples of the use of the bogus ploy, such as God would not destroy people in Gehenna because God is love. Overshooting the bounds of open ended statements can lead us into false doctrine. A sound bible study practice is to be a minimalists, being careful not to add to scripture by expanding the scope beyond its intent.

7. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her." (Eph. 5:25 --NET)

Christ gave Himself up for the Church = His Body = His Sheep = His Elect =His sheep =His beloved. There are so many other designations for the chosen ones for whom he laid down his life.

Christ died for His sheep -- not for the goats. See Matthew 25:31 and following.

Jesus prayed for His own --not just the disciples, but for all those who will believe in Him through the testimony of the disciples. See John 17:20. He didn't pray for everyone, but for His own.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question. Did Christ propitiate the sins of anyone who ends up in Perdition?

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took what Van said on May 3, 2012 as what he earnestly believes.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the post you quoted is from today.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The study of Theology requires sticking with what God revealed in scripture. When so called theologians add to scripture, i.e. Christ died for the church being altered to read Christ died for the church only, we have a form of idolatry, worshiping a god man invented by altering the revelation found in scripture.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ]Does 1 Corinthians 3:1 indicate men of flesh (unregenerate) can understand the milk of the gospel? Absolutely
    Does 1 Corinthians 2:14 indicate natural people (unregenerate) cannot understand any of the things of the Spirit of God? Nope
    Does Romans 3:11 say no one ever seeks God while unregenerate? Nope
    Does Matthew 23:13 indicate unregenerate people do at times seek God? Absolutely
    Does 2 Thessalonians 2:13 say people are conditionally elected for salvation through faith in the truth? Absolutely
    Does James 2:5 say God chooses those who love God? Absolutely
    Does 1 Timothy 2:3-6 say God desires all people to be saved and Christ gave Himself as a ransom for all? Absolutely
    Does 2 Peter 2:1 indicate Christ bought even people heading for swift destruction? Absolutely

If you study scripture carefully, you are less likely to be led astray by the inventions of people.

13. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ones in 1 Cor. 3:1 were referenced as being in Christ. Being in Christ means that they are regenerate, believers, saved, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, Christians.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says very plainly that "But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Cor. 2:14 --NASB)

Someone once said to "stick with what God [has] revealed in Scripture. The Apostle was led to write what he did for our instruction. We need to take what he has said at face-value.

When you add to the Bible Van, you are taking away from what God has revealed. And your addition/subtraction of Scripture does not bode well for you, regardless of what your professed study methods may be.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One tactic of the erroneous teaching is attempting to place others in fault of what the teacher of error presents.

Here is a Corinthian passage that presents the opposite of the teacher of error:
    22Jews demand signs and Greeks search for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.26Brothers, consider the time of your calling: Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were powerful; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly and despised things of the world, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast in His presence.30It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”
    Teachers of error inevitably puff up their own and human ability to attain what is only God’s to grant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, indeed. Christ died for the world of the elect.

I'll be citing snippets of verses for your instruction and edification.

Rev. 5:9 : because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
    Rev. 7:9,10 : and there before me wasa great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice : "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."
    Rev. 14:4 : They were purchased from among mankind.
    Rev. 17:14 : Because he is Lord of lords and King of kings --- and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.
    Eph. 5:2 : just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
    Eph. 5:23 : Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
    Eph. 5:25 : Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
    Acts 20:28 : Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
    John 10:11, 15 : I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me --just as the Father knows me and I know the Father ---and I lay down my life for the sheep.

1 Peter 1,2 : To God's elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia who have been chosen
    1 Pe. 2:9 : But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
    2 Tim. 1:9 : He has saved us...because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us before the beginning of time.
    2 Tim. 2:10 : Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect

2 Tim. 2:19 : The Lord knows those who are his
    Titus 1:1 : the faith of God's elect
    Titus 2:14 : who gave himself for us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again the same absurdity is hoisted and agreed to by others, which is to deny Paul used the method of communication for unregenerate "men of flesh." Thus the unregenerate can understand and embrace spiritual milk.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not add "all" the things, Calvinism did. But, consistent with false teachers, you charge me with Calvinism's malfeasance.

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, everyone of those verses supports the biblical view and provides no support for the Calvinist corruption!!!

Here scripture says for chosen and saved were purchased. That is not at issue. Does any verse say those not chosen were not purchased? Nope. On and on folks, falsehood to defend falsehood.

Does 1 Corinthians 3:1 indicate men of flesh (unregenerate) can understand the milk of the gospel? Absolutely
    Does 1 Corinthians 2:14 indicate natural people (unregenerate) cannot understand any of the things of the Spirit of God? Nope
    Does Romans 3:11 say no one ever seeks God while unregenerate? Nope
    Does Matthew 23:13 indicate unregenerate people do at times seek God? Absolutely
    Does 2 Thessalonians 2:13 say people are conditionally elected for salvation through faith in the truth? Absolutely
    Does James 2:5 say God chooses those who love God? Absolutely
    Does 1 Timothy 2:3-6 say God desires all people to be saved and Christ gave Himself as a ransom for all? Absolutely
    Does 2 Peter 2:1 indicate Christ bought even people heading for swift destruction? Absolutely

If you study scripture carefully, you are less likely to be led astray by the inventions of people.

20. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above is an easily understood question. Either Christ did not propitiate the sins of those in Perdition or He did. Which is it and why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.