1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cut Your Teeth on the Word of Faith

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, May 20, 2020.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The AMP is much-too-paraphrased & "dynamic equivalent" for me. And the KJVO myth is false. I use the NASV, NKJV, & ESV primarily.

2. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Posted below is a 60 second sample of this Word of Faith preachers message. Which he basically is a friendly guy. The whole church also has a warm, friendly personality. I have got to post this as I have been around too many where the spiritual motivation was not in place....

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine, long as it stays away from the many heresies of word/faith, such as the "faith force" that can be manipul;ated with words, enabling man to become propperous in all aspects of life, that Jesus went to hell for a little while, & that the Holy Spirit makes men into little gods, etc. etc.

And, always lurking is that word/faith came from PENTECOSTALS, and a good many of pentecostal branches are cults & cult-ettes.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about it too much. He doesn't know what he's talking about either!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would have no issues with Him claiming to be "I Am", just as Jesus is, to being a god, that Jesus died and had to get born again, and that we can command God to obey us as we practice his spiritual laws?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Copeland, hagin, hinn etc are all teaching heresy!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think of the heresies of the WoF movement?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the links I supplied, as heresies of the WoF concerning very nature of God, Man, and salvation!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would agree with heresies of the WoF teachers?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WoF HAS to have those false doctrines in it!

11. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is the official Copeland doctrinal statement, in which I do not have a problem with.

• We believe in one God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
    • We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died and was buried; He was resurrected, ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
    • We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
    • We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
    • We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
    • We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
    • We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in redemption.
    • We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as distinct from the new birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit
    of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.
    • We believe in the Christian’s hope—the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    • We believe in evangelism and missionary work in accordance with the Christian commission (Matthew 28:19).

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about his other teachings, that are clearly heresy!

13. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you read the Old Testament you will find that good and bad generations came about with the same doctrinal statements.

I do not recommend any public figure to follow. It is my beliefs that most establish ministries, and then will protect such establishments as they are sources of income. Any public ministry is more than likely to say wrong things, and you will not believe in everything they teach. The motive behind ministry then becomes one of greed rather than a whole hearted Christ centered ministry . This is the reason the thread was called, "Cut your teeth on The Word of Faith" and did not initially bring any names into the subject. To encourage faith is a good thing.

If I would recommend any public name it would be John Bunyan. I have read John Bunyan's complete library and have enjoyed every word. The Pilgrim in the Pilgrims Progress also had faith building friends such as Hopeful and Faithful. John Bunyan was also not of any church denomination. I read somewhere that he said, "Some men call me Anabaptist" but never declared himself so. As far as heresy the Word of Faith movement is no worse than any other.

14. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Recalling the scripture...

Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. - Jeremiah 17:5-6

"In a salt land and not inhabited." And... Where are the Mormons headquartered?

1. Salt Lake City Utah
    2. Salt Lake Temple
    3. By the Salt Palace Convention Center
    4. A little East of the Great Salt Lake

I am of no interest in making flesh my arm. I will trust in the Lord Jesus. I will also, however, listen in to faith teachings. One of my favorites was Zig Ziglar. Ziglar, a Baptist, who integrated Christianity in his motivational work.