1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dating services and you!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it be a good idea to meet in public always? That even the appearance of sin not be considered?

And I don't mean to imply that I did that, as my wife and I often met when no-one else was around. But, I look back and feel that perhaps it might have been better had we not done that.

We can always present a better route we could have taken, hindsight is twenty twenty, but, when counseling prospective couples, is it going to far to counsel public meeting to discourage temptation?

God bless.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait a minute. Are you actually saying that if a single man and a single woman meet in public there is a presumption of sin involved?!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going back to the OP and speaking of farmers....

Farmers have a lifestyle - 24/7 - that is foreign to non-farming people. There is no point in them wasting their time - if they are looking for a spouse - going out with people who are never going to be a farmer or farmette. When a farmer - man or woman - is looking to marry - they are looking for another farmer.

Trust me - I live slap dab in the middle of them.

4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll let you work that one out for yourself, ITl.

Going back to the topic, anyone noticed how many dating commercials there are...on the Forum?

God bless.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seem to remember a married man losing his membership in a church that Mrs. Rolf and I attended a few years ago because he unrepentantly played around on one of those sites.

I also have a wonderful Sister-in-Law because of one of those sites.

I think that they are like many other things: They are tools that can be used to bless or to sin.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

As I write this, at the right side of the screen, is an ad for a phone-notifying system, KJV tracts, an essay-writing service (a whole other thread topic about honesty in that one), a book about increasing church giving, and two dating sites.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've got a profile on several dating sites, both "Christian" and secular.

two things I've noticed:

1) numerous women seem to be simply signing up everywhere in hopes to snag somebody...anybody.

what makes them any different from the fact that I also seem to be throwing my line out everywhere? I'm the same guy wherever you see me. Not so much the case with everyone else.

Some of the women on Christian Mingle talking about how "sold out" they are for Jesus, are on Plenty of Fish talking about partying, drinking, 420 friendly, etc.

2) most of the "Christian" women on web sites answer one question in such a way that tells me all I need to know....

Religious preference (religion of a potential mate):
    Most answer "no preference" telling me that if they are a believer, they have no interest in honoring God's directive for us not to be unequally yoked.

• Like Like x 1
  8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed the same thing when I was on dating sites with guys. I figure it's just a numbers game. It took me 10 years of being on there off and on before I met my now husband. And it took him 2 weeks before he met me so you just never know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What struck me as "odd" were the women who were looking for someone 25 to 35 within 50 miles of their location, and yet would "like" or "favorite" a 50 year old guy 1,000 miles away from them. Or the ones who would try to get around the system by sneaking their e-mail address into their (free) profile so they could meet someone but yet not pay for a membership. Sometimes there were even one and the same.

I have since given up on the dating sites and am not really looking for someone. If it happens in the normal course of my day to day life, cool. If not, it's no big deal.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I know several (probably more than several) couples active in their churches with beautiful children that met online.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I think people who are going to fool around are going to find a way to do it whether they meet someone online or in person.

12. sunflogun

sunflogun New Member

I totally agree with what you are saying @Rolf , those are tools pretty much like anything else that life presents us and it's in our hands to use those tools to bless or sin, for good or evil. I don't see why a married person should use those.

13. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I met my spouse on a dating service five years ago. He is an amazing man I wouldn't have met him had we both not signed onto that site. He is the first man that I talked to on the site. We met up, had coffee and there was an instant connection. We have never been away from each other since. We had an awesome relationship. We are blessed to have found each other.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

There is no need for believers to use such services. How can one start running up and down in search of a partner? Unless you have given up to finding a good partner. The Bible says only God can give you the right partner. I have seen ads whereby people pay to search for their partners. I completely disagree with that.

15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I always wondered how those type of sites worked. I guess I will never know because my wife said I could not join.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I for one don't like dating websites. You never know who's going to try and contact you.

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist