1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Definitions

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by John of Japan, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the Administrator: Please shut this thread down. Several individuals have decided to make this a thread about which translation method is best and what is wrong with the thoughts of others about that. It is specifically about definitions, but those individuals (especially Rippon2) have decided to ignore the OP.

Thank you.

2. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not what I wrote. Your reading skills have deteriorated since you became Rippon2.

Here is what the OP said again: "On another thread the term "thought for thought" came up. I thought it would be helpful if we did a thread defining various translation theories or methods. Quote from someone else, or make up your own definitions. Either way is fine."

I did give definitions of "translation" per se, but the thread is about definitions of various kinds of translating and various theories. I do not want a discussion on the merits of those definitions.

3. Rippon2

Rippon2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    JJ, you're being silly and petty. I have never seen such a big tadoo over nothing.

4. Rippon2

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just said in your post #61 that you didn't want it to be about translation methods. Make up your [snip] mind.

#64 Rippon2, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
  5. Rippon2

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way, in the preface to the 1984 NIV, TNIV and the 2011 NIV there is no mention of thought-for-thought translating.

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So your dozen or so posts outside of the OP are "nothing." (Couldn't resist. :D) And I still want the thread closed.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed per request of OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.