1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dehumanizing Was the Whole Point

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh

Yeah. Right.

2. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be fair I don't expect my neighbor to wear one either.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a personal grace and I also don't worry about mask wearing, either way. The Bible tells me that God has my time in his hand. I don't tempt God, but I also don't fear death.
    The Bible tells me to obey the government that God has raised up. It doesn't qualify this by telling me I can break the law if I personally don't like the inconvenience.
    Radical individualism is not supported by the Bible. In fact, community is consistently supported in the Bible. The body of Christ, not just a big toe, functions together as one. What I observe in radical individualism is the rejection of strength by unity.
    A small inconvenience of wearing a mask in public is not something I will whine about.

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    wait, it's "extreme individualism" not to wear a piece of cloth over your face that chokes me to the point of not being able to breathe?

the government doesn't obey the government, at least not this one. Big government and Big Pharma, godless entities that they are, should not and will not be blindly obeyed. Collectivism and groupthink are a thing of the left, and it's faulty reasoning to think that because some far-righty thinks you're a lefty and some far-lefty thinks you're a righty makes you some pragmatic centrist. The left thinks any Christian that's white is on the far right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your post is an excellent example of avoiding your Christian responsibility to obey God's command to treat your neighbor as yourself and obey the government God has placed over you...even when it is Godless.
    I expect the godless to be evil. I expect them to be crooked and hypocritical. They are following their master.
    God gives Christians no mandate to be radical individualists who will fight against anyone and everyone who dares tell them to submit under authority. Such individualism is an idol that is made by the devil to keep Christians from running the race and get them bogged down in worthless politics while they watch their neighbor go to hell without even caring.

6. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give you the left…in it’s full glory…..look how cool she is…folx
    Let these ‘folx’ have their way with your children’s education? Doomed.

2125561D-D502-4ED1-921E-9C74EDF71B36.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can’t believe the desperation of people to pretend they are going on with life. Funny? Nope.

598C6D56-DBF3-49EF-BEF6-3CC2EF86DB9B.jpeg

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, scripture says to “submit”, not “obey”. Many passages are clear we are to obey God rather than men. That particular passage in Romans, in context, is not to rebel and to pay your taxes.

When the “government” demanded Christians to worship idols, they disobeyed and suffered death instead. I could only pray God would strengthen me to do the same, suffering death rather than denying my Lord Jesus.

Furthermore, the President is not our government. Our federal “government” has not passed any laws concerning mask or vaccine mandates.

Let everyone be convinced in their own minds. Let us deal with those who disagree with grace and humility.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep, putting Romans 13 into context ^. You know you wouldn't be this way if they had blindly submitted to the British, and some of you would still be in slavery if everybody thought that the government was supremely ordained. Sheep mindset, and it makes no sense to claim to obey a godless satanic government else you are being tricked by Satan himself. Say what?

And mandatory masking is silly left-wing virtual signaling the Bible says nothing about. Not going to whine about it as long they don't whine about me not wearing the worthless thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When government tries to become, "god," maybe then should be the time, "God," should send the Stone cut out of the mountain without hands?

Daniel 2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    History 101, Britain banned slavery before the US did.
    Second, being under British rule was never being under slavery. It meant that your representative to Parliament had no vote in Parliament. People in the colonies were under the British rule of law. A legal system existed.
    What the colonial fathers did was they ignored Romans 13. Why? Because many of them were Deists who didn't think God was Sovereign. They had a form of Godliness without any power.
    Finally, God ordained that these rebels would overthrow another godless government and form their own godless government. That's history 101 for you.

12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so? Never said that the US abolished slavery before Britian did, but it took a bloody civil war in this country to do so - was the South violating Romans 13 when they tried to secede? History 101, you know.

Second, being under British rule was about being under rule by a tyrannical monarchy. Hey, it was a legal system!!! And the Founders didn't ignore Romans 13:

Was the American Revolution a violation of Romans 13:1-7? | GotQuestions.org

makes sense to me. History, we are Baptists thanks to the Reformation - another example of not blindly submitting to authority. This is a constitutional republic not a monarchy. IOW, we ARE the authority and the US Constitution is IT

Acts 5:29 ring a bell? More history, more current: How Civil Disobedience Curbed The Mich. Governor’s Abuses Of Power (thefederalist.com)

bleat bleat

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apostle Paul was under the tyrannical reign of Nero, yet he, under the inspiration of God, wrote Romans 13. Was Paul someone you would mock as a sheep?

The South could have simply abolished slavery, rather than claim it had the right to mistreat and enslave humans. They didn't. God's judgment fell on the hard heart of an unrepentant nation that said they trust God.
    What I note is the many attempts to distract away from personal responsibility to obey God while working hard to justify godless individualism.

14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Wearing a mask means you respect others enough to wear the mask to protect them. When someone does not wear a mask, I feel they are disrespecting me. It has nothing to do with freedoms or rights it’s just planning to respect one another.

What does it mean to love your neighbor? It means being willing to protect your neighbor from yourself, wearing a mask when it feels silly and inconvenient and uncomfortable. It means going the extra step because that’s what love demands.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thats not what it means and no it doesnt protect others

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    If someone comes to your home, and you want them to wear a mask, fine.

But your unscientific insecurity concerning wearing masks stops at your front door.

This whole argument of “if you love your neighbor you would….” is a never ending requirement to placate every desire of the “weaker” person, no matter how unscientific or hurtful to yourself or family.

It is manipulation, plain and simple.

peace to you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Paul give us exemptions in Romans 14?

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if someone complains about meat sacrifices to idols, I’ll throw the meat away.

Please explain why Romans 14 doesn’t apply to the people trying to force mask mandates and vaccines on everyone?

If you really loved your neighbor, you wouldn’t force them to violate their conscience on these mandates.

See how easy that can be turned around?

Let everyone be convinced in their own minds, and then mind your own business and leave people alone.
    And before you regurgitate liberal propaganda, the John Hopkins study shows the lockdowns did little to nothing to stop the disease and caused major harm, especially to our children.

How can you live with yourself knowing you supported policies that have caused great harm to the children? A whole generation of children that may never recover from the radical liberal leftest ideology that pushed mask mandates in schools while the liberal elites laughed it up at their unmasked parties, sickening!!

And now the appeal to scripture, “if you really loved your neighbor” and “what about Roman’s 14 and the weaker brother?”

Liberal Manipulation, plain and simple.

peace to you

#38 canadyjd, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love does not promote lies.

20. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 13 take from the left:

Misusing Romans 13 to Embrace Theocracy

and, for others, from the right:

No, Romans 13 is not about obeying the governing authorities — Craig Greenfield

Canady actually understands Romans 13, but someone else thinks wearing a worthless mask is a sign of love and respect??? I will enclose myself in a sterile bubble then, if I'm feeling especially loving and respectful.

The masks are useless, they are on the way out. Paul wasn't a hypocrite, wanna see some real ones?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

wait a minute, maybe Walter is onto something . . .

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1