1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat, liberal, leftist

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JonC, Jun 17, 2022.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the same.

Trump used COVID and vaccines for the purpose of gaining support, for uplifting his status as President in an upcoming election, as a weapon against opposing organizations.

You say that was just a business decisions that Trump made to strengthen his position.

But Trump was not running a business and the organization he was in was the GOP. He used the vaccine and virus for political gain, not to make money.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He did what he thought should be done. He tried to leave the politics out. Trump intended to be bipartisan, but the Dems polarized.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He approached it as he would defeating a business rival and gain a business advantage. But it was politics. What he was trying to gain was political capital rather than monetary profit.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever thought he was just trying to save an economy and lives?
    How could he have handled it that you would not consider political?

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of it, yes. The issue is not what he did (I agree with just about everything Trump did ....except maybe taking to Twitter, which was very much political).

There is probably very little the head of the GOP or DNC could do that I would not see as political.

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twitter was the way Trump could get his message out. MSM would not deliver Trump's message.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump had the Presidential pulpit. He gave briefings and answered questions at the drop of a dime (something I liked about him). He was a businessman who became a politician.

Do t get me wrong. I think Trump was the best President in my adult lifetime. He exposed the corruption in DC. But he was, himself, was never far from corruption. He lied just as much as any politician to accomplish his goals.

He did not stand a chance because he exposed the failings of both the DNC and the GOP. But he could never recognize his own shortcomings (which is perhaps why he was so successful in business). He was like a bull in a china shop . . . Which was very cool to watch.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had he gotten any cooperation from the Dems, you would have seen a milder Trump. They bugged Trump tower during the election. They started the Russia Hoax just as soon as he beat Hillary. He had all the Dems and half the Republicans stabbing him in the back. No one is being held accountable for anything. Serious crimes were committed and being ignored.

#48 Reynolds, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump was not stupid. He knew he wouldn't get cooperation from Dems. That's probably why he never tried.

Serious crimes are always committed, and for the most part ignored.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He tried. Remember his "Chuck and Nancy" meetings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....but that was all politics. One can't cross burnt bridges (granted, the bridges were burned from both sides long before the election was over).

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He tried. They were in pure obstructionist mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol.....yea.

I don't know what Trump was thinking. If I was his age and had 1/10th of his wealth the last thing I'd think is "hey....I want to be President".

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having worked for a Billionaire, I will answer your question. They get where they are by being driven. They can not turn off their drive. It is more about accomplishment than money. They have a streak of eccentric in them a mile wide.
    We were at Folly beach and parked in a parking lot beside a bar. It was during the day. We started walking toward the hotel across the street. The bouncer at the bar hollered and said the parking was for the bar only. Guy I work for said, OK. We got in car and left. He got on cell phone and called his lawyer in Charleston. He said "I don't care if you have to move Hell and the Devil, put a 8 ft fence around my parking lot across the road from my condos on Folly Beach." He sat in his condo and laughed his rear end off when the fence started going up a few hours later. After the fence was finished, he said "Come on, let's go." We went across the road and he told the bouncer off, went into the bar and he let into the bar owner. It all ended with they had to pay him $1500 a month to use his lot that he had been letting them use for free for years. All because someone did not know who he was and disrespected him.

It was hilarious. I was hoping at the onset, he would have told me "Go take care of that -----," but he had a better plan.
    It's not about money. It is about them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess that's why they get where they are.

I read an interview with Jimmy Buffett awhile back. Despite his laid back music he is a workaholic.

Some people enjoy working very hard to make or own the stuff. Others, like me, enjoy working just hard enough to enjoy the stuff they make or own :).

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could tell you some Buffet stories. Guy I worked for was good friends with Jimmy.
    They met on Provodenciales Island in their younger days and became friends.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know a guy who knows a guy...

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the guy Steve? I know a guy who knows Steve.

20. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sometimes politicians do deserve credit, the problem sometimes lies with people not giving the credit where it is due. Not with politicians taking the credit.