1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats commit political suicide

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 19, 2018.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN Poll Shows Amnesty Advocates Are Big Loser in Shutdown - Breitbart

A CNN poll shows that the Democrats’ push for amnesty is the big loser in the government shutdown fight — and likely will hurt Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections.
    According to CNN:

56% overall say approving a budget agreement to avoid a shutdown is more important than continuing the DACA program, while just 34% choose DACA over a shutdown. Democrats break narrowly in favor of DACA — 49% say it’s more important vs. 42% who say avoiding a shutdown is the priority — while majorities of both Republicans (75%) and independents (57%) say avoiding a shutdown is more important.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, something tells me the dems are going to come to the table soon. Trump branded this the Schumer Shutdown and he's good at getting these nicknames to stick. I don't think they like this at all.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to believe that, because it should be so with all the lying, deceit, and hypocrisy they're steeped in, but I just can't muster up any confidence with the general population of America at this point in time. This truth keeps coming to mind: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups". These mid-term elections are gonna tell me if the Americans are as duped as my cynical thinking leads me to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a CNN poll. Leftwing bias all the way. If even they think it's this bad, it's probably worse.

• Like Like x 3
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    UPDATE 10:45 P.M.

In perhaps the worst possible outcome for Democrats and for Chuck Schumer, there were a majority of senators voting for the cloture measure on the vote to end debate and stop the filibuster on the House-passed government funding bill. That means, since the measure needed 60 votes to succeed, that it would have passed had Democrats voted for it–and despite obtaining a simple majority, a government shutdown will proceed because of Democrat intransigence on DACA amnesty.

A total of 5 Senate Democrats broke with the leadership of their party–Sens. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Doug Jones (D-AL), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), and Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND)–on the vote. McCaskill was the biggest surprise, as she voted for keeping the government funded and open despite not having previously announced it. Her vote put the leadership of her party in a difficult position, as the deadline for government funding runs out in just over an hour.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shutdown Imminent

UPDATE 10:53 P.M.

It begins. The Schumer Shutdown’s negative effects on members of his Democratic conference are already becoming apparent, as Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA) is ripping Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA)–who he is running against in Pennsylvania this year–for voting for a government shutdown tonight.

“While the House passed a Continuing Resolution that provides funding for our military, veterans, seniors, and kids, the Senate rules require 60 votes to pass spending legislation. Republicans only hold 51 seats in the Senate,” Barletta said in a statement bashing Casey’s vote for a government shutdown. “It was impossible for the Senate to get to 60 votes and avert a government shutdown without Democrat support. By voting no tonight, Senator Casey and the Democratic Senators who joined him are solely responsible for denying funding for American citizens. There are 342,000 children in Pennsylvania who benefit from the Children’s Health Insurance Program and 4,900 DACA recipients. By voting to shut down the government, Senator Casey put illegal immigrants over health insurance for our kids. Pennsylvanians should be furious.

7. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats, who are elected to serve their constituents, are willing to shut the government for non-citizens. What planet am I on??? This is insane, and I hope it backfires on them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me tell you, Joe Donnelly is no good. The only reason that he voted with the GOP is that he is up for re-election this year. He is a real lefty.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is something when the King of fake news forced to report this!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1