1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demonic physical manifestations

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...'de-nile ain't a river, folks.

There are portraits of scenes with mysterious objects reflected in the sky. Satan has been around for a long time. Only recently has the activity/technology caught up to make it all newsworthy and capture the minds of many.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

My sighting occurred late at night (around 11:30 PM) in 1973. There were no such things as cell phones. There were few video cameras, and most would not record well at night. It was not like today at all.

The day after my sighting I told people at work what I had seen and most of them laughed at me. We were able to listen to the radio at work back then and a few hours later the disc jockey reported that several people had reported seeing a UFO at the beach where I lived. I was able to say, "See, I told you!" After that I think a few believed me.

As I said before, I grew up a total skeptic. I did not believe in UFOs or ghosts. Now I believe in both, although I believe both are spiritual manifestations.

I have had several pastors tell me incredible stories about experiences with demons, and I believed them.

It is always amazing to me that as Christians we believe in the spiritual, and try to convince atheists that the spiritual world exists. But when there are real manifestations of the spiritual world, Christians are often the first to deny it.

You do believe folks were possessed by devils as the NT says don't you? You do believe that Jesus really cast out the Legion of devils that possessed a man and went into a herd of swine don't you?

These things are real.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, the UFO that darted off was a classic saucer, or shaped similar to a diamond it you took it out of it's setting.

The cigar object I saw years later was flying directly beside me on the highway (I-84) as I came home from work. I would estimate it was about 100 feet long and maybe 15 feet high with rounded ends. It looked just like a flying hot dog. Sounds silly, but that is what it looked like. It had three large portholes on it's underside with blue light coming out. I could literally see inside this ship, but all I saw was blue light, as if the craft were hollow. It was travelling slightly faster than me, maybe 80 MPH (which is about the world's speed record for a blimp at altitude) just 20 or 30 feet over the trees. It also had a porthole on it's rear end with green light shining out. I could also see into this porthole, but again, all I saw was green light, as if the craft were hollow.

I was coming down a long hill, when this craft got a little ahead of me, I was actually at a higher elevation than it was. That is how low to the treetops it was flying. The highway had a sharp curve at the bottom of this hill and the object turned and followed the highway.

I have seen the Goodyear blimp and others several times. They do not fly at treetop level, and they cannot fly 80 MPH. They are also very loud and can be heard at a great distance. I rolled down my window as this object was beside me and could hear nothing.

And I seriously doubt this was some secret military aircraft. The military does not fly a secret weapon at treetop level in very hilly terrain in the dead of night. It does not fly secret aircraft directly beside one of the busiest highways in the state (I-84) with bright lights so everybody can see it.

This was around 1980 when I saw this object. It never stopped or darted off, but flew around 80 MPH the whole time I saw it. As I came to the bottom of the hill the object was quite a ways in front of me, and now I was entering the city of Waterbury and there were street lights along the highway. I lost it in the lights.

I told my wife when I got home, and she wanted me to call the police and report it, but I thought they would think I was crazy and refused to call.

You can laugh, but I am telling you what I saw. And there are more, but not nearly as close as these two.

Why I get to see these things I don't know, that is the question I have always come away with. I am not a big fan of science fiction. I do not mess with the occult and never have.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can we bring this thread back down to earth? The purpose was to discuss demonic manifestations in the home and the reason why God would allow it.

Feel free to start a thread on UFO's elsewhere, in fact there is an outerspace thread going on right now that discussion would fit it.

5. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

The manifestations of evil spirits were real in the Bible and they are real today as well.

The Word of God tells us how to deal with those manifestations. We are to submit to God and resist the devil. Then he will flee.

We are not told to rebuke the devil, nor are we told to dialogue with him.

I often get irked when I hear people praying to God and right in the middle of the prayer start talking to the devil.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Sorry Webdog, but both are similar. I believe both are spiritual beings that can manifest themselves as a person, or as an object. The scriptures speak of familiar spirits, I have often wondered what this means, and believe these spirits take on the form of someone familiar. So if a cowboy coin collector was murdered in your house, that is how they will appear. It you are outside, you will see an object in the air.

For us, prayer was the answer, we never had problems again. I can really think of no other answer.

7. Steadfast Fred

And if a grasshopper was killed in the backyard, one better not step in their backyard again, it may spring up to haunt you.

#67 Steadfast Fred, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman have you ever seen the X-files? Its all about UFO's. Watch the episode Pilot from season 1. The UFO is a top secret military craft. After Mulder sees it the military gives him a shot so he loses his memory.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I doubt X-Files is based on reality.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, I have never watched this show. As I said earlier, I am not a fan of science fiction, though I did like the original Star Trek back in the 60s, but that was more because of the characters on the show, I found them humorous.

If UFOs are a military device, why are we wasting our time with conventional aircraft that use tons of fuel, make a lot of noise, and fly at such slow speeds, when you could hop on a UFO and fly from New York to Los Angeles in minutes instead of hours? If they are so secret, then why do they mostly fly at night with bright lights all over them and perform aerial gymnastics to call attention to themselves?

This is Webdog's thread and he wants to talk about ghosts or spirits in the home and why God would allow it.

I have a problem with this type of thought. Satan is not God's servant, going around doing what God wants. Satan is God's enemy and has a great deal of power to go around doing what he wants. He will be defeated in the end, but he is running around loose right now. He is like a criminal running around committing crime. During the Millennium he will be bound for a thousand years as a criminal is placed in jail, but after that he will be released for a period to go out and deceive the world.

2 Tim 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Why do certain people experience UFOs or ghosts? I think Satan is trying to deceive these persons. Satan may be defeated, but he does not concede this. He is going to fight to the end.

#70 Winman, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm sorry for the distraction, Web----I've heard lots of stories of strange "happenings"

One such story I heard years ago involved my home church in Baton Rouge---according to the preacher--he was at church late one nite and heard doors slamming upstairs toward the baptistry----well---he tells the story to some folks---and you know how folks are---the story's plot intensifies to the building being possessed

Then several weeks later---my father and I were at church---again at nite---and heard doors slamming up toward the baptistry---so we walk up the stairs to check things out----and saw nothing----BUT---did notice a strong draft of wind steadily coming through an open door

So we conducted an experiment and found out that the slamming of doors was just that----slamming of doors caused by a draft of wind making its way in and around the building-----to stop the draft of wind---we simply closed the open window in the downstairs bathroom

But folks went around gawkin' that the building was possessed:type:

12. Steadfast Fred

Sometimes it pays to investigate, eh?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which is exactly what I did last Saturday night. I even recreated the exact shadow moving in the bedroom that would have only been caused by an adult sized person walking past the door.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually what you saw was an English Police Call Box.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either that, or it was the 2012 version of the Tardis!

(HOPE some Dr Who fans here!)

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple of months ago, I would have never given this thread a second look.

However, since then, I've had a visit from friends at a church we used to attend together. They had recently visited the man who was youth pastor at the church we attended, but is now an associate pastor at a church in the Southeast region.

This young man used to be of the same opinion as us; but his work at this church has convinced him otherwise. He was placed in charge of the program that deals with addicts, and has subsequently seen and experienced things that have no other answer than demonic possession. The other associate pastors and leaders of the church will have nothing to do with the ministry they assigned him to. When they are visited by someone they can't deal with, they send him/her to this young man. He told our friends about a couple of his experiences, and the stories will make a chill go down your spine. He also says that he can now walk into someone's house, and simply be able to tell what demonic influences are at work.

I also personally know a pastor who was asked to preach at a church; after he preached, that church went into a session where people started speaking in tongues, falling to the floor, etc. My pastor friend said he and his wife were just standing there, because they had no idea that this church practiced this sort of thing. He said he was compelled to pray, "if it's not of you, Lord, make it stop"; and the congregation suddenly ceased speaking in tongues and all the other stuff.

There are certain things I stand firm on; and there are others, like this subject, on which I reserve judgment.

17. Steadfast Fred

Not saying you didn't, webdog.

By doing so, you were convinced that there might be forces unseen behind the shadows.

Question? How can something invisible cast a physical shadow?

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No idea. How can something invisible make a sound? Touch a person? All things I have no idea how they come about.

19. Steadfast Fred

Sounds usually can be explained; drafts of air from open windows, vents leading to other parts of the house, etc..

Shadows can only come about when a light is shone on a solid object.

20. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ghost is in the Scripture.

I have read through this thread but don't recall anyone pointing out that there is a case for a spirit appearing in the Scriptures.

Does anyone remember the king, the witch, and the priest.

Remember who ran out the door? :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.