1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demonic physical manifestations

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DHK, you obviously did not read the thread. No one here claimed to see the spirits of dead people. They said they may have seen "demonic manifestations" parading as the spirits of dead people. They said that nonbelievers think these things are dead people but that believers know that they are visible tricks by demons. You need to read the thread before making accusations.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Try reading the thread first. Your comment is unrelated to the op...and I hardly watch TV, nor am I gullible.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually you did. Winman called you out on it as well. Accusing me of deliberate misrepresentation is also a deliberate misrepresentation, particularly when another poster also viewed it.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then quote me please.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

See above...

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I was speaking of the unsaved. I don't believe that believers can become demon possessed. They may become oppressed and influenced by demons, but not possessed.
    So how could I have been speaking of you?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That quote combined with your reply to Winman regarding his pastor sure sounded like you were speaking of believers. Did you not say only those possessed can see demonic aparitions?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First, "Greater is he that is in you then he that is in the world."
    I don't believe a Christian can be demon-possessed.
    Secondly, if someone introduced their pastor to me as one who can see demons, or demonic apparitions, then yes, I would have serious doubts about his ministry. Only those involved in the occult would be having such experiences. Where did I say anybody was demon possessed? You lie when you misrepresent a person's position. I never said anyone was demon possessed.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed.
    Who's talking about demon possession besides you? Not I! YOU said ONLY the demon possessed can see physical manifestations of demons. There are those on this thread that have seen and heard such manifestations, and we are not demon possessed. To even allude to that is questioning our salvation.
    ...and who are you to doubt their ministry?
    So now myself and those on this thread who have experienced such are in the occult? When is someone going to issue you an infraction for "offensive language"?
    I quoted your very words!
    ...and you lie when you don't own up to the very things you say!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    You questioned your own salvation and I don't know why.
    The only time I alluded to demon possession was in the context of unsaved individuals.
    What ministry? I gave you a hypothetical. I said if you were to introduce me to your pastor and you said he has the ability to see demons or manifestations of demons that I would not go to his church.
    I never said anything about demon-possession, but you assumed it from that one quote. Why would a Godly man see demons? Our goal is that we might see Christ (not visibly), and not demons. It is Christ that lives in us. He is greater than demons. Why would a Godly person see demons? The only logical reason here is that he has been dabbling in the occult, doing things that he should not be doing.
    What does the Bible say:

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
    Hebrews 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

I guarantee you, that if you are "looking unto Jesus," your mind is focused on him; if you are "considering him" and Him alone, that there is no way you will ever be seeing any demons or any manifestations thereof.
    Something is definitely wrong.
    What offensive language?
    First, when I made my original post I made it clear that this was my first post on this thread and I had not read the previous 13 pages. I didn't feel like wading through it all to see what everyone had said.
    I then made my position clear, but perhaps it wasn't clear enough for you to understand.
    I don't appreciate your false accusation.
    You took my words out of the context I was saying them. I told you plainly that I don't believe believers can be demon-possessed. I was speaking of the unsaved when I mentioned demon possession. So why are you still offended?

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You 'guarantee it'? Pure conjecture with no basis in scripture.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was speaking of demons being "physically" visible!

They ONLY were such while possessing human hosts!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have already given a basis in Scripture. What is yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.