1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did the cops go too far in this arrest

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on the information provided, I don't think they overstepped their bounds. If you pull someone over & observe something illegal or a red flag, then you have probable cause to search the vehilce. I could be mistaken, but its sounds like that if they didn't want to get caught, they wouldn't have been trying to make drug deals over the phone.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

ahhhh. The ACLU is involved because the police answered the kid's phone. I don't know the legalities of that. I do like for drug pushers to be caught.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Since when is it illegal to answer someone's phone?

Think about it, if you lost your phone and dialed it, you would want someone to answer it so you could find out where it was.

The cop didn't pretend to be the phone's owner so I am not sure what the problem would be. Of course, I don't make a living trying to get crooks off so who knows.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The story that link took me to was about a drug bust and said nothing about a driver with a dirty window.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Easy enough to miss. The following quotes are from the third paragraph of the article (the fifth line in), and the third to last paragraph of the article.