1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Trump really say…..

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Dec 4, 2022.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    …Parts of the constitution should be abolished?

Report that Trump has stated since Elon Musk has revealed conclusion between Dems and twitter to interfere with the 2020 election, that election should be reversed and he should be declared the winner or have a new election, even if it means parts of the constitution should be abolished.

If this report is accurate, I will never vote for Trump again. He cannot be the nominee in 2024. The constitution must be embraced, even if you think there was fraud.

Once the state legislatures certified the election results and sent electors to congress , the election was over. Anything less is anarchy.

Your comments?

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are over thinking it. He is frustrated. He likely would have won had the government not interfered with free speech. He sees that as unjust. He is concerned with the direction of the country. If the election was discovered to be illegitimate he sees it as needing to right a wrong.

Your argument that elections should or could never be reversed under any conditions is faulty and without merit. Biden is illegitimate plain and simple. He was declared the winner by unconstitutional means.

Trump isnt trying to skirt the constitution. Just because you disagree with him is not evidence that he is. Neither is it evidence just because Biden was declared the winner.

When elections become unquestionable then we have lost out Constitutional Republic and it is now a Banana Republic. Relax you are making mire out of his statement and view than it deserved.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dem Leftists have been clamoring for actually abolishing COTUS for years. It’s a recurring theme. They’ve been undermining it, circumventing it, ignoring it, and Reps have done little to counter that. However, whenever they get a chance, both sides jump on Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Trump said:
    "A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," he wrote. "Our great 'Founders' did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Question: Does fraud allow for termination of all rules and the Constitution?

Answer: No

What Trump is calling for is anarchy and the establishment of tyranny. Such a statement by Trump should be a big red flag to everyone in this nation and therefore discredit him from ever serving in public office again.
    With his comment we see just how horrible of a loser Donald Trump is. Trump would support and indeed called for the overthrow of the government in order to rule. Let that sink in. Donald should be shunned by all US citizens.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comment. I agree Trump is frustrated. I agree it appears deep state actors concluded with big tech to hurt Trump and support Biden.

Here is where I disagree with you. The time to “reverse the election” is prior to certification. That is the constitutional means when you challenge, question the election. That is the constitutional means to address any allegations of fraud. If the state legislatures believed their was fraud that effected the outcome, they could (constitutionally) refuse to send electors to congress.

Additionally, without question, Biden was declared the winner by constitutional means. The states certified the result and sent electors to congress. By definition, that is the constitutional means of declaring the winner.

If Trump really stated he should be declared the winner or have a new election even if you have to abolish parts of the constitution then he is acknowledging there is no constitutional means to declare him the winner or have a new election. That is “skirting” the constitution.

Additionally, there is zero chance he will be declared the winner or have a new election before 2024. Why even say it? Why keep bringing it up?

Peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the election is illegitimate there is nothing that. An be done after that to legitimize it. Certification is done in error if the election is a fraud itself

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can disagree with the state legislatures that certify elections with fraud, but it is not “error”. It is the constitutional process.

If the people’s representatives believe fraud effected the outcome, they can vote to not certify and not send electors to congress. It is that simple.

All the votes for POTUS in that State are disregarded. If enough State legislatures refuse to certify and no candidate gets majority of electors, then the delegates from each state in congress get to vote for POTUS, each state has one vote. Simple majority wins.

The constitution anticipates problems in the election and gives a means to respond to it. That is the process. What Trump has said, if accurate, does not follow the constitution.

Personally, I believe every time he talks about 2020, he hurts his chances for 2024. At this point, I can’t support him.

Thanks for the comment

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so many "CHRISTIANS" had not decided that Trump was unfit because of his "ugly" words, etc., then we would not have the problems we have today - or they would not be as big as they are now - cause he was opening up the entrance to the swamp and the populace could see it for the beast that it is!!!
    If they had been as concerned about the direction of the country as they were about his speech ---well that is water over the dam now, so what are the Rs, who have control of the house, that aren't RINOS gonna do now??????
    AND, how are those same "CHRISTIANS" gonna vote in '24?
    Thankfully HE is still in control!!!!

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is error. If they work to demonize any criticism of the election results and collude with news agencies to squelch it then it is in error. Certification is the process but they can be decertified. Failure to consider false outcomes of the elections through illegal means breaks down our Constitutional Republic and people lose faith in the process. We cannot then just tell them well its certified so to bad you lose just shut up now. That kind of attitude can and will lead to a civil war. We cannot weaponize the certification process and then claim well its over. People will not stand for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two things:
    1) Trump is a bad person.
    2) God ordained both the rise and the fall of Donald Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  11. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No argument to either of these points!

BUT, point #2, are you saying that you have NO responsibility in deciding who the leader of our country is, since our form of gov't specifies that the people (includes you) shall decide - via votes - the leaders of our country?? (NOTE not an accusation - a question!!) If this IS your stance, then voters supporting the most evil will win because those wanting the less evil WILL NOT BE VOTING!!

Point #1 If this is your criteria, you have just eliminated yourself, me, and EVERY OTHER person on earth!
    Use your "TRUMP" criteria & rate every other president in our history; or at least from CARTER forward!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our responsibility is to vote our conscience. In the last election I wrote in "Jesus Christ" for the Presidency since both major parties had such godless candidates on the ballot. My conscience could not vote for these evil men.

We all are sinners. Some redeemed, some unredeemed. There are people in this general category who are demonstrably worse than others (all are corrupt, yet some are less evil). Donald Trump is an evil narcissist.

• Like Like x 1
  13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comment.

Trump is a professing born again Christian. As such, he is no more of a “bad person” than anyone else as the ground remains level at the foot of the cross.

This is how I see Trump. He watched truly ILLEGAL conduct directed toward him by agencies within our government to hinder his election and then undermine his presidency. To date, none of those folks have been punished criminally.

He believes it s not possible for B:den to have received 81 million votes. He believes there was massive fraud both by Dems and establishment repubs to prevent his re/election.

As some have stated, they believe if this fraud is not exposed, confronted, and corrected then the nation is already lost.

I don’t agree with that. I see steps being taken around the country to ensure election integrity. It is too late for Trump and 2020. The only way forward is to trust the process and work to ensure there is little or no fraud.

peace to you

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall we name the dictators who claimed to be Christian?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you indirectly denying Trumps professing Christ as his savior????

I could do the same for you based on comments I’ve read in the past, but I won’t.

This comment being the only reply to candyjd’s post, shows that your whole objection is nothing more than an ACUTE CASEOF TDS!!!!

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The people who are tending toward dictatorship are on the left. They used the force of government against conservatives and Trump. They seek to control every aspect of your life including forced jabs and teaching your children to hate America, each other, and groom them for sexual exploitation. They seek to silence all dissenting views and punish those that won’t conform.

What Trump said is outrageous and clearly out of frustration. I will not vote for him because of it.

What the left are DOING is clearly destructive toward Christians, America, our constitution and all semblance of decency.

Trump has publicly claimed Christ as Savior and Lord. I never heard Ben Sasse make such a public statement. Have you? Luz Chaney? Any Trump critic?

Acknowledge his profession of faith. Embrace him as a brother in Christ.

peace to you

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not applauding Trump for this, but the real opportunity here would be to get the Dem Left to condemn him for his temporary anti-COTUS comments, then bury them with their own constant hypocrisy, as they are forever violating the Constitution with the aim of undermining it completely. No, not holding my breath until the spineless Reps step up.

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hypocrisy? From politicians?

I know Dems have called to change the constitution. The want to abolish the electoral college altogether. They see the constitution as an impediment to their goals and it is.

What they haven’t done, as far as I know, is say “let’s ignore those results and declare me the winner… or at least have a new election”.

I’m not sure that Trump fully understands the gravity of what he is proposing. Regardless, it is reckless for a former POTUS to even suggest we abolish parts of the constitution so he can be POTUS or have another election.

He has hurt himself badly with these statements, imo. I saw Liz Cheney got big applause at the Reagan library. I suspect this may have been part of the reason why.

Thanks for the comment

peace to you

19. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not just some hypocrisy, but constant hypocrisy, extreme hypocrisy--evil is good, good is evil hypocrisy. That’s what comes from the Dem Left, aka Progressives.

Hillary railed about how she didn't lose the 2016 election. Plenty of Dems, including former prez Carter, jumped on that bandwagon. Have they ever recanted? Not that I know of. I do know that they dragged us through years of investigation and impeachment based on illegal activities they themselves were engaged in.

The difference is the media hype—conspicuously pro Dem Left. They sided with Hillary, then hated on Trump, over the top, nonstop. Oh, and then there’s the fact that Trump is right about the 2020 election.

I could care less about his minor blustering about fighting fire with fire, but not much less. He hasn’t power anywhere close to being able to enact such, whereas the Dem Left has been wielding all manner of deep state power to enact their own versions.

I find it amazing and yet typical that people buy into the nonsense about being tired of Trump when it’s the Dem Left that’s been causing all the turmoil with promises to cause even more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comment.

There is no doubt the media holds conservatives to a different standard. All the more reason for conservatives to be careful with what they say and do.

Trumps comments plays into the media narrative that he wants to ignore the constitution and be a dictator.

He has rarely exercised restraint in what he says and this time he has given them all they need to take him over the coals.

FTR, it isn’t nonsense. I am tired of Trump. I’m sick that he called DeSantis names right before the election. I’m tired of hearing him complain about 2020. He simply can’t move on. He doesn’t understand the constitution nor the impact his proposal would have on this country.

I’m choosing country over Trump; constitution over Trump. I’m really sorry he was treated so badly by the elites in both parties, the media and and the deep state.

But his suggestions are not moving us forward. They will not help. They will only divide.

peace to you