1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Trump really say…..

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Dec 4, 2022.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comments. We disagree. The GOP success will come without Trump. I hesitate to underestimate him, but just feel worn out trying to defend or overlook the awful comments.

He doesn’t come across as optimistic anymore to me. He seems bitter. He seems more interested in being proven right than doing what’s right for the country… which is moving on from 2020.

If the GOP keep fighting the 2020 election, they have no hope for success. Trump cannot let 2020 go and move on, which is why the majority of repubs will chose someone else.

peace to you

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, perhaps we disagree quite a bit. It’s not the 2020 election they need to fight against, it’s the apparatus set up to achieve the results. That will have to be dealt with.

But the GOP that results post Trump may not be one to garner much enthusiasm. McCain and Romney were clear losers. Obama was a media darling made popular worldwide for his first run. And now we are in an era significantly shaped by the Bernie factor.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps all you stated is true. I don’t know. I still hope for the right person to capture the trust of the people with a clear conservative message.

Repubs are making progress with the election process, but it may have forever changed significantly with early voting and mail in ballots.

I guess we will know more in 2024

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm old enough to remember the 2016 election when they wanted to change the voting system to majority rule because Trump won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing gonna matter one whit unless the dem ballot harvesting is severely curtailed!
    And I ain’t real sure the Rs have the capability OR the guts to face this problem head-on!!!
    However, I would love to be proven wrong!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what Trump said:

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.”

Per one definition ition this is progressive and activism.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't. But if it did it has to start with the Republicans holding office in each State. States need to tighten up on voter laws.

• Agree Agree x 1