1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"...disdain for Christianity within the Hollywood film industry."

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Jul 12, 2019.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :D Understood. And for any non-native speakers, though some say otherwise, double negatives in proper English are not incorrect in every case. Style, emphasis, and intent all play a part. (And if you fit the category yet understood that, my hat's off to you. :Wink )

Those who would be well-informed should also know that the prefix in- does not always indicate a negative. :)
    (And, except for the "Understood," I wasn't directing any of that at you, KY, despite your neck. :Wink)

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Discussing the truth is 'anti-Semitism':

"Nixon And Billy Graham
    Anti-Semitism Caught On Tape

By James Warren
    Chicago Tribune staff reporter
    3-1-02

Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.

"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.

"Yes, sir," Graham says.

"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."...."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

What You Can't Say

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They filmed a "faith based" movie called "Woodlawn" with some surprisingly big names in my hometown. They filmed a lot of it at my high school football stadium across the street from my grandparents' house. A lot of my friends and family appear as extras. It's pretty good.