1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensationalism is a humanly contrived system that has been imposed on the Sacred scripture.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by VDMA, Dec 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is not the source of man's sin.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, evil thoughts proceed, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,
    22 covetings, wickednesses, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, railing, pride, foolishness:
    23 all these evil things proceed from within, and defile the man. Mk 7

He could be 'bound' and you'd never know the difference as far as sin and woe in this world is concerned. His interest is in the realm of religion, he wants to oppose God, to be worshipped, and resist/persecute the Church.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, who is ?

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not saying what I want, it's called QUOTING SCRIPTURE:

12 Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned:-- Ro 5

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And FROM WHOM did Adam get that sin?????????????

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The CORRECT grasp is...sin is disobedience to God. His CHIEF command for us is to believe in Jesus as His Son, & our ONLY Savior from sin's penalty.

The FIRST sinner mentioned in Scripture is SATAN. A&E had not yet sinned, while it's evident Satan had sinned, as he led the sinless Eve to sin.

You cats with preterist leanings just don't understand these simple truths.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As I said;not understanding the fall leads to all manner of biblical folly and ignorance.

10. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has never been a time in history when this occured.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand it quite well. Eve listeed to Satan & believed he told the truth, & Adam listened to Eve & did as she did, against God's command. Again, your pret leanings prevent you from seeing that plain, simple truth as told in Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure you get that from Scripture. He could be bound and we would not know it?

When Satan is bound, Scripture tells us we will know it.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What world do YOU live in?

Christianization of...

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    A time when Satan could not deceive? Nope, that has NEVER happened.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please, if you're going to quote me include it all:

Where?

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because Christ will reign on earth.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you meant "lack", not "like". Seems YOU lack the capacity to spell, or know many definitions-but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now & say you made a typo. But apparently I understand the origin of sin & you don't.

Well, it IS.
    1.) That church still exists in Alasehir, Turkey, the name that replaced "Philadelphia" as that city's name. It's an island of Christianity in a sea of Islam. They get along quite well. It's endured several earthquakes & a lotta warfare, but it's still there!

2.) The "hour of trial", that is, the great trib, has NOT yet occurred. When it does, it'll hit the whole world, as the Scripture says.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's that short memory again:

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He reigns now. His kingdom is not of this world. The carnal cannot perceive the spiritual. His kingdom cannot be seen with the eye or touched with the hand.

20. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cherubs were and are of the angelic class. Metaphorically the angels are the stars of God. They were all created on the fourth day of God's creation week. God does not require anything other than himself to exist. God is an omnipresent being. His creation began with nothing (He 11:1-3) Every created thing requires a place and that is true with the cherubim. A created being can only occupy one place at a time. The personification of God's wisdom and knowledge is in his Spirit, whom he sends to indwell angels and men, making them partakers of his consciousness and a oneness with himself and one another. Following is some pertinent information he has given us to know this.

Proverbs 8:1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

The three words I have underlined is a correction of the perverted KJV that I quoted from the bible gateway. Those KJV's translate Jehovah as Adonay, which is wrong. I am familiar enough with my KJV to know when this occurs and I often catch it and correct it. It is proof that modern men with the philosophy that it is the message that is inspired and not the words, donot care if they get words wrong or if they cause confusion. But, worse than that is that people who fight against believing what words actually say and and the art of understanding to whom they say them appear on forums such as these in an attempt to convince others that they are the smartest people in the room for holding such philosophical views. I doubt anyone would care that the word is mistranslated by people who say they believe the Hebrew and accurately translate it.

Adonay is the name of Jesus Christ in the OT. The scriptures can be, and often is, speaking of Jesus Christ in the OT with his name of LORD, but when the name Adonay is in the text, he is not speaking of the trinitarian God. He is speaking of the arm of the LORD. Following is the first time Jesus is called Adonay and the KJV translates his name as the Lord GOD, Adonay Jehovah. This is in the very beginning of the third millennium of human history and it is also the first time we are introduced to the word of the LORD as a person who can be seen. This is the same person. See Psa 110:1 and note that Ezekiel calls God by this name 210 times in his prophecy just as a point of interest.

After these things the word of the Lord (correction LORD) came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord God (correction GOD), what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

What a marvelous and wonderful God we serve and how magnificent his revelation of himself. I would like to publicly praise him now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.