1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensationalists: Why is This Version of Israel THE One of Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who said you did? If you took off the selective blinders you would see who did.

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Admins need to shut this thread down.

3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is very instructive, learning a lot.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow, this whole thread has done down the tubes. We were having a civil discussion a couple of pages ago.

Accusations and harsh words never help bring unity.

Maybe its time to close this one up.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually non dispy's need to not participate since the op was not for them. If this was the case from the beginning we wouldn't have been called cultists and heretics. Learn when to not participate.

6. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    My friend, as a dispy I have been called many things since I have joined here about 5 years ago but only in the last few weeks have we of like mind been called all kinds of nasty things including hate-mongers wanting to end the world by those who claim be followers and trusters of Jesus. And look at how many here are at best sitting on their hands saying nothing if not adding support and or the stupid smilly faces and thumbs up icons to their responses.

And yet here we are supposed to be Baptists and yet those who act like Presbyterians and disney characters are not called out on their behavor. I don't get it, maybe you could explain it to me I'm all ears.

7. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hate on me... I didn't call anyone a name. My advice... learn to participate graciously.

Administrators, shut this thread down please!

8. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just living large in the "realized millinnium"!

9. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Really??? Grow up dude...you are like Senator Grassley during the McCarthy hearings....say something vicious, and then when the Patriot McCarthy responds.....cry like a girl...Grow up dude...You've been dominated...Accept it.....

OWW!!! OWW!!! the dispy Arminians were mean to poor widdle Calvinist me!!!! WAAAHHH!!!! :tear: No one is feeling your pain.....This was a question for Dispy's....and much to your chagrin...They answered it swimmingly...:thumbsup: You may despise it when Bible-believers are capable of giving a reasoned and intelligent response to any question that you think they can't offer...but to give the "cry-baby" routine??:tear:
    OHH...Walk it off man....You haven't shed a tear in years...you don't fool anyone...Don't be dis-ingenuous merely because EVERYONE is not slavishly dedicated to your philosophy...This cry-baby thing is laughable...So is Greek's insistence that the thread be "shut down" (by Mods) merely because a couple of dispy's actually bothered to answer the question semi-articulately....Poor Icon is crying...:tear: Yeah right......and I'm a Yankee...We aren't even sending in our A-team yet...Psshaaaawwwww.....Everyone who has responded so far is a mere neo-phyte except for perhaps HANK....You have yet to tangle with the best Dispy's.....You have a lot of crying left if this is all you can handle...

#129 HeirofSalvation, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The essence of Covenant salvation is:

This is true in all 66 books of the bible. Before Israel was a nation, before the Nt church was formed....

Yes....Ot Israel was only a shadow...of Christian Israel......
    because.....
    Jesus is the TRUE ISRAEL......and us IN HIM.

11. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is precisely why the dissent wishes to "shut it down"...they have no intention of allowing the alternative position to speak...

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you BI -polar ???

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No need for it to be shut down or in trying to censor us dispy's. Tell your comrades who are insulting and prosyletizing to stay out while dispy's answer the op and all is well

14. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    You confirm HOS point in three words better than he does in two paragraphs.

While I wouldn't be as point blank in-your-face as HOS, I'm never the less struggling hard to find points where I disagree with him with respect to the personal behavor and motives I see here as of late.

However my friend, if you could explain to me what you think accusing HOS of being bi-polar is supposed to accomplish within the context of Christian behavor I will issue my sincere and public appology to you promptly.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Within a 24 hour period....he asked me about covenant theology, and if I could recommend any book or books on it.....

Now less than 24 hours later he is going off on a rant about everyone who believes in the theology.....people on here, people on puritanboard, Dr. White, the reformers......

Do you see that as stable Thomas??? I want to know if he struggles with being bi-polar...so i can understand such radical swings....and attacks against solid bible believers.

16. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm personally unable to make such a medical diagnosis especally over the internet although it's good for humanity that you can offer that service. I'm surprised though as a medical expert you are not aware of HIPPA laws.

Since you asked: if I may offer an opinion, my experiences with the pb as a reader (they don't let my kind join, their right though) and reading the posts where they pile up on us dispies with rabid misinformation and the observation that anyone who ventures there can see for themselves that many, not all but many are egotistical and obnoxioius. And while I find much to agree with Dr. White, having read almost everything on AZ website and several of his books HOS has a valid point about him. But I personally don't defend anyones theology except my own, I just offer observations.

But one thing that bothers me about the reformers. First off, may I say I consider myself more inclined towards Calvinism than Arminism but not a full blown 5 pointer for sure. And this does go off topic, but one thing that i find disturbing about the Synod of Dort, where Calvinism was confirmed and Arminism condemed. This assembly was stacked by Calvinist and had no possible chance of going the other way and this is supposed to be the "proof" that Calvinism is correct? Excuse me? The proof is what the Bible teaches, not what some assembly of men think.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not do that. I asked him a direct question.

There are many solid brothers on PB.
    To make wild and slanderous accusations of anti-semitism is non christian, and sin.
    Non confessional persons are welcome to read, but not to post.They seek to maintain a godly web-site. Vile posts and attacks are not allowed. Open theism is not allowed. No one is forced to go on there.

#137 Iconoclast, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  18. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep digging brother, sooner or later you will strike gold (or China).

You are right that no one is forced to go there and it is there right to limit who they allow to join. However, my observation is there are those who pretend to know certain things and state them as facts, things that are not correct or factual. If that is godly then we have a different opinion on what is godly.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We do have some difference of opinion. Can you honestly say that the level of posts offered there are not more scripturally based in nature??
    I am not asking if you agree with the positions....but are you saying you do not see a difference?

20. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, my observation. I'm inclined to believe that there are many here and on that other board who think that by simply reciting Scripture they are being Biblical. Anyone can find verses to butress practically any arguement or position. The catholics recite scripture to justify their doctrine and so do the cults which some here think I'm a member of one. No, we are to correctly handle the word of truth. We are to compare Scripture with Scripture. We are to test all things against Scripture. When we find something in our system that doesn't meet the test we change our system. This is using the word as the teaching tool it was intended to be.

The words of the Bible are simple enough for even a half-wit like me to understand. To insist that Israel is the Church and Babylon is Jerusalem is not supported by the clear teaching of the Bible. Can anyone offer a rational explanation as to why Jehovah would call the Church Israel and Jerusalem Babylon? Why not just call Israel Isreal, Jerusalem Jerusalem, Babylon Babylon and the Church the Church? When you do that, the Bible makes sense.