Do Babies go to Heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Apr 3, 2023.

?
  1. Only Pre-born babies go to Heaven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Any Baby less than a year old (and all Pre-born) will go to Heaven

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Some babies 1 year old (& pre-born) will go to Heaven - some will not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Babies will not go to Heaven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other Answer

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Cor 15 has nothing to do with the wicked, its all about the saints. Sure the wicked will be raised unto Judgement and damnation, but thats not addressed in 1 Cor 15 at all

2. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They did not sin "In Adam". (That's Theology talking)
    In Adam, though, they all die. (That's the text talking)

In Christ, all shall be made alive.
    Some, the unrighteous, will be resurrected unto damnation and the second death. Others shall be resurrected unto eternal life which is again, only found in Christ.

I understand that your Theology requires you to read "In Adam all die" as "In Adam all sinned", but, that is not the Scriptural teaching.

3. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The wicked are resurrected, I'm afraid. and I Cor 15 is all about the resurrection. You may not like that, but, it is so.

4. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David said he was “conceived in sin” ie from conception

5. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if babies didnt sin in a representative head such as Adam, why do they die and why do they need Jesus Christ as Saviour ? Christ came to save sinners, not the righteous.

6. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wicked unjust will be resurrected, but 1 Cor 15 has nothing to do with their resurrection, they are not in Christ. 1 Cor 15 is about the resurrection of the saints in Christ

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So you dont understand scripture !

7. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

For the same reason animals die. Because of Adam. All of creation groaneth under Adam.
    All of creation awaits the salvation of the world in Christ.

8. MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they will be in God's Kingdom forever with the saints, that Christ may be all in all.

9. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

O.K. If you want to insist on this, I don't really care. I don't know how you distinguish Christ's defeat of death at his resurrection from what, the power of the wicked to resurrect themselves somehow??? Is it Satan that resurrects them?
    Whatever. It's not really that important to me what you think on that particular matter.

10. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that, as a prophet, God had told him that.

11. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No, baby's that die before they believe do not go to heaven.

2) If a person dies before they were accountable for their actions, they were still accountable for their non-actions as they were made sinners.

3) Same principles apply to those unable to grasp the gospel message.

12. MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems Calvinists strain to keep people out of Heaven whereas God sacrificed His Son to get people into Heaven.

13. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But thats because of sin, death is the wages of sin.

14. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they enter in without Christ dying for them, without Christ. They must stand aloof and watch these Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

15. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe thats right, but what basis, grounds would the child go to Glory, on the bases of its own innocence or through being one of Gods chosen sheep that Christ died for and redeemed ?

16. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The animals also die, and that is because of Adam. But, they were not sinners. Adam was God's "image-bearer" to rule over his creation. Hence, death came upon animals also.
    Thus, there is no reason (based upon that) that death should not also come upon Adam's human progeny even if they were too young to know good from evil and were not personally partakers in Adam's sin.
    Rom 5:14
    Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
    It simply isn't required that they "sin in Adam" to explain the Universality of death.
    If, there is another Biblical reason to insist that they were guilty of Adam's sin, then fair enough...but, the mere fact of their dying does not demonstrate that.
    No one sins in a vacuum. Others always suffer because of sin.

17. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its good to know that you believe some people will be partakers of Christ s eternal kingdom without being redeemed. So do you think the innocent infants will stay infants throughout eternity ? Or will they be transformed into adults

18. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

O.K. I'm hardly in a fringe minority here. I used to think like you do. I was taught to.
    At this point, your questions are simply obtuse. This suggests to me that there is no point in continuing here.
    Good day to you.

19. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you put babies on the level of animals so they can get in. So the babies wont be part of the saved will they ? Rev 21:24

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Will the unredeemed babies be conformed to the image of Christ ? Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

20. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Umm not at all read my posts

Calvinists believe that God can and does indeed grant faith in Christ to children.