1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Baptists Seek Presence of Holy Spirit in Worship?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by HopefulNChrist, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes, because you can't put God in a box

50.0%
  2. No, because then you can't test the spirits at all

50.0%
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit doers not always infill us, ut does always dwell in us!

2. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are opposing yourself, brother. If the Holy Spirit is not always infilled in us, then He is not always dwelling in us. It is because He always indwells in us is why we are always Spirit-filled as a testimony that we are saved.

We are not leaky vessels because ours is a testimony that we are new wine bottles and thus sealed and preserved as in saved.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we sin against God, we cease being filled by Him at that time, correct?

4. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nope. We are still Spirit-filled and that is why the Holy Spirit is grieved when we sin. He is not going anywhere. Ephesians 4:30

BUT those who defile the temple of the Holy Spirit ( 1 Corinthians 3:15-17 ) which is our physical body ( 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ), are at risk of incurring the wages of physical death in being left behind at the pre great trib rapture event as the church at Thyatira is in Revelation 2:18-23 even though their spirit is saved in that day of Christ as per 1 Corinthians 3:15.

When we repent, we do so by asking Jesus for forgiveness of sins see 1 John 1:9 and for help to walk in the light as He did in 1 John 1:3-7 trusting Him to deliver us from every evil work in preserving us unto His heavenly kingdom; 2 Timothy 4:18

There is no more infilling of the Holy Spirit because He never left.

Where has anything been taught that when you sin, you need to fill yourself up with the Holy Ghost? Nowhere.

All there is for us to live by is avoid sowing to the works of the flesh and trust Jesus Christ in doing His work in is in sowing to the fruits of the Spirit ( Philippians 1:6,11 )

You will never see a Christian drunk repenting while drunk in seeking to be filled with the Holy Ghost to no longer be drunk immediately. Ephesians 5:18 is a call to be and remain sober in avoiding drinking in excess of wine in becoming drunk. It is not a call to seek an infilling of the Holy Spirit whenever any one sins.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am repeatly refilled by the Holy Spirit, for everytimne I sin against God I have to be refilled again!

6. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ask Jesus to help you find scripture that plainly states that or else drop that nonsense. As it is, you are always spirit-filled and the call to repent has always been to ask Jesus for forgiveness and His help not to do it again; never is there any instruction to ask for a refilling in scripture because you are always Spirit-filled as a testimony that you are saved..

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am always sealed and indwelt by Him, but being continual filled with Him depends on how I yield to Him or yield to the desires of my flesh nature!