1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do Calvinists Affirm Free Will then?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Feb 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Refers to all us us before got saved!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are just blind to what the scriptures teach concerning this issue!

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absurd off topic response. No one is seeking God when sinning. Even a child could understand.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, that is why I post scripture after scripture, and you ignore scripture after scripture. This is all they have folks, non-stop bogus claims without a shred of biblical support.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our nature is NOT to seek after God even while not sinning!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your scriptures that you post do not mean what you think that they do!

7. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the verse for this is...?

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As if what David said is not true of everyone? He was a special case?

9. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    copout!

10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do any of these verses eliminate the corrupted nature caused by Adam's sin?

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    David wrote this Psalm after his sin with Bathsheba. Is David the only person who claim his iniquity in the womb or is this a universal truth for all humanity?

Psalm 51:1-19
    Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Do good to Zion in your good pleasure; build up the walls of Jerusalem; then will you delight in right sacrifices, in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on your altar.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice how the truth of scripture, many seek the narrow path is denied by Calvinism.

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here the absurd claim that Luke 13:23 does not actually mean many seek the narrow path! The T of the Tulip is unbiblical nonsense.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No verse says no one seeks God ever at any time. Luke 13:23 says many seek the narrow path. The T of the Tulip is obviously bogus.

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 3:10-18
    As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask yourselves why this passage was posted? To imply it somehow supports the "T" of Calvinism? Yes. But does it? Of course not. Are any natural people, people of flesh, unregenerate righteous? Nope. Do we start out understanding the gospel? No of course not. Do we seek God? Yes. Luke 13:23. So are we seeking God when turned aside? Nope. Have we all turned aside? Yes. So no one seeks God all of the time. We are not seeking God when sinning. The point of the passage is to demonstrate from OT scripture we are all under sin.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for demonstrating no verse says no one seeks God "at any time." The "at any time" is not found or suggested in the above text. OTOH, Luke 13:23 clearly teaches some of the lost seek God, for many will seek the narrow path.

18. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you explain to me how
    23 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them,
    The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Lk 13:23. states that some seek God on their own?

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, try Luke 13:23-24. (ESV)

And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them,
    “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

The "T" of Calvinism is as bogus as a three dollar bill. Many seek and few find, therefore the "T" is complete rubbish.

20. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Van

The fuller context of that passage shows they were not truly seeking God.

22 He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. 29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”
    The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Lk 13:22–30.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.